+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Foot in mouth moments.

Foot in mouth moments.

I thought it would be fun to share our "foot in mouth" moments. Those moments where you just wished you hadn't said that, or worse you kept speaking and digging yourself your own grave.

I was on the phone to my gf this one time. She was driving (using a hands free kit I'm sure), and she had to stop at a crossing. Then I heard "Oh my god!". I said "what is it?". She replied "Oh it just this girl that walked in front of me, she was really skinny, I mean even more skinny than me!" and I, I just reacted, I know what I meant but it didn't come out right, because without missing a beat, I said "You're not skinny."

I had never back peddles so fast in my entire life. Lucky for me she just laughed, she knew what I meant. I was expressed the idea that "skinny" was a bad thing, my gf had, and has, a normal, healthy figure.

She still brings it up and tortures mean with it. =P

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I told a patient who was going off to hospice in a neighboring valley that her daughter would meet her on the other side.

I think she was too out of it to understand what I said.

I hope.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

MrE is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I've had plenty in the past, though I can't think of a specific instance - though the best one I can think of involved a guy at work (Charles), I was only involved indirectly.

Rumors had been going around about my married boss, Andy, boinking some other girl at work, Crystal. I hadn't seen Andy for a couple days so I sent an IM to Charles saying "Hey, where do you think Andy has been?". He replied back "He's probably at the Ramada f*cking Crystal." The problem was - he didn't reply to me, he had a messenger window opened for Andy and sent it to him! They were at our downtown office and Crystal happened to be sitting at his desk, so they both saw it. Making matters worse - I heard Charles groan, and he started getting real nervous (obviously), so I sent another message asking him what was wrong. He tried to copy and paste the conversation he was now having with Andy and send it to me, but he sent it back to Andy! (dumbass!).

It was my first day at a new job, and I didn't know anything about my new boss except that she was female. I was told as soon as I arrived to walk over to that specific department and find her. I asked around and I finally found her, the first words I said to her were, "I'm supposed to be under you!". I realized what I was saying as I was saying it, but it was like a movie and I just couldn't stop myself. She started laughing hysterically, and I was assigned to stopping traffic on a street far away from her.
    Always tell people exactly how you feel, at that exact moment. If the moment has passed, let us help you:
    www.HopeYouGetThis.Com

L’esprit de l’escalier

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I asked a coworker who she got the bad botox from... turns out she has Bell's Palsy, which is temporary paralysis of half the face, caused by a virus. lol
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I constantly mess up small talk.