+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it risky business for a girl to directly tell her feelings to a guy?

Is it risky business for a girl to directly tell her feelings to a guy?

I was just wondering on what guys thought on a girl expressing her feelings directly to a guy she likes.

There has always been the saying of "Don’t directly tell him how much you like him and what is that you like about him etc" is this true? Is it better for a girl to play it hard and give occasional hints to the guy or to be completely honest with the feelings and tell him that she likes him.(would this approach be the downfall of the girl?)

From what I am seeing around is that, when a girl doesn't show interest in a guy to the fullest guys are more interested and when you tell the guys how you feel about them they lose interest in the girl.What's the deal here?

Plain and simple;Hang out with the dude and find out if you really like him. While you guys hang out, throw him the hints. Use body language. Say yes if he ask you out again or insist on letting him know that you would not mind to hang out. Just don't leave the guy out to dry.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

A woman telling me exactly how she really feels? That would be excellent.
    It wouldn't change the way I felt, so you may want to be sure he's on the same page as you. Or, at least be ready if he's not.

Also note, this almost never happens. So be prepared for a little shock or disbelief at first.

In short, it's not a bad thing. It is uncommon, but not bad.
    Everything would be a lot easier if everyone just did this.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ds615 View Post
    A woman telling me exactly how she really feels? That would be excellent.
    My guess was that most men would think like this^.

I think women have little to fear from re: rejection from a guy. From what I've read here, even men who are not interested in a woman seem to let her down pretty easy. Compared to the reverse.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I like directness. My girlfriend was the first to ask me out.

Guess some guys like the playing it coy thing, don't get it m'self.

We know if you like us, your body language and look gives it away. I don't see a need to be direct unless he's someone who has no perception.

The only time you may lose it out is playing games, trying to be hard to get etc...a guy with options is simply going to walk away from that nonsense and find someone who's not so insecure.

I agree with Primo... I'll know by your body language and speech.

Although, a girl telling me her true feelings (ever) wouldn't change my opinion of her. Unless she's really weird, strange, or creepy with it.

I like straight to the point. My gf was the one who asked me out and asked for a 2nd and 3rd date. She was also the one who first said I love you. Actually i was waiting for that since i know if i tell her that i like her, i would push her away. lol

The point is if you want to do it then say it. If a guy really likes you, then he will now be scared of that. Actually he'll tell himself. wow this girls knows what she wants.

What you're describing is a perfect man situation lol. If a guy is into a girl (and we're men, so that's pretty easy to tell I'm sure. If we're hanging out with you it's not because we have to, and not because we're bored...) and she tells them up front that she's really into them, then you effectively remove the rejection issue and he can and should be able to act more calmly and without the crazy butterflies.

This is one of those things that makes women complicated usually! We spend time trying to analyze signals or moods behaviors and subtleties trying to determine if a women likes us back, or likes us enough to put the move on. Cut out the middle man and you make yourself incredibly available to a guy!

However, I can't help but think that once you guys make out or whatever as a result, the passion will not be as high as if it were something you've built tension with over a period of a couple dates or more. That passionate release is amazing, and might not be the same if you're both a sure thing openly.

Just be really obvious instead perhaps, through touch or heavily flirtatious behavior. Even after awhile some idiots will figure it out
    Last edited by TheWizard; 11-12-09 at 10:13 AM.