+ Follow This Topic

Thread: If You Could Go Back In Time.....

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

If You Could Go Back In Time.....

.....and meet an earlier version of yourself and give yourself some advice for the future, what age would you meet yourself at, and what advice would you give?

I would go back to age 13, and tell myself:

- Do not trouble yourself with boyfriends until you're in university. Study your ass off until then.

- Learn how to laugh at yourself first when you do something dumb....it will stop other people from laughing at you

- Don't drop advanced courses just to attempt to 'fit in'.....people who make fun of you for being a 'geek' are actually jealous.

- Your parent's 'stupid rules' are actually benefitting you in the long run

How 'bout you guys?
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't think I'd really give myself any advice.

I can't think of anything I really regret.

However I would go back to about the age of 14 or so and just tell myself that everything is gonna be alright, keep doin' what I've been doin' and I'll be alright. Fortunately, I did have an older brother to tell me that kind of stuff.

Could I have done better in school? Hell yes. But I like where I am now, and who I am, and the thought of altering any of this doesn't appeal to me.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    girls are only trouble... but at the same time, they are lots of fun in all these dramas. other than that, you can get always with so much when you really put your mind to it.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I would tell myself to marry for love.

I would go back to myself at 18 and tell myself to not be so picky and date some girls damn it.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    I would go back to myself at 18 and tell myself to not be so picky and date some girls damn it.
    Jesus! Are you saying you've actually lightened up since then?

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would go back and meet myself at age 18. ....

I would tell myself to NOT drop out of college, but to go for xray. (before the waiting list was long and when there was a huge demand in the area!)

I would have appreciated my parents more and their health. I would have also buried some of the anger towards my Dad sooner and spent more time with him as well before he died. I would have also warned my mom to check herself more closely and prevented her cancer from spreading to her bones.

I would have saved money and not spent it foolishly on new cars or racked up any credit debt.

I wouldn't have wasted time on guys who didn't really give a shit about me and would have focused more on my career and my family.

I would have appreciated what I DID have instead of what I didn't, and warn myself that life could get ALOT worse, so appreciate it now!
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

lilwing89 Guest
    not sure now.. i prolly will in a few years though(lol)

im going to college for art and music. not sure what to major in yet... im thinking music maybe..

my knowledge of music(and everything i have taught myself in these last 4 years) is greater than i wouldve ever expected and my guitar playing skills(people tell me) are unbelievable.

i also have a knick for creative writing

and art i love the history and studying, i also draw many things and paint. sometimes clay and sometimes weird things that i just simply make.

good decision?