+ Follow This Topic

Thread: broken heart

broken heart

i just want to ask how do i start being my own person and move on. I am not gonna lie i have never been much of an independent person an have always relied on my girlfriend to be there for me no matter what. Now that we broke it off after 8 years i feel like i cant move on i have never felt more alone in my life. The problem is that i cant rely on much else because i don't have much friends or family it's just my mom and dad which are not being much help and friends, well i don't really have many and the few i do i cant relate to or talk to i don't know where else to turn i cant stop panicking and i am trying to realize that it could be worse. I know i am healthy i have a job and i am in a car club and i love cars, but that's not enough because my life revolved around her, So please i ask for help on how to start my life over. I don't have money to do go anywhere or to do anything and i have lost interest in everything for the time being. What do i do !!! i feel like i have no one!!!

8 years is a long time, and your going to have a different mind set...i know those 8 years you guys had was beautiful but now they are just the past and should stay that way. your first mistake is making your world revolve around her, it shouldn't be that way but hey we live and we learn. start making friends with your car club is a good start, pick another hobby or a part time job if you have some more time in your hand. if you can't talk to anyone about how you feel then write it down so atleast you have an outlet for your feelings. you just going to have to remember that you were an individual before her and you can still be. its going to rough but for me what makes it easier is that your not alone in this situation keep posting in this board if you have to trust me it helps

Start small. Find one little thing that YOU liked, not because she did but because you did. Maybe a book you read that didn't really thrill her. Re-read it. Build on that.
    Spammer Spanker

your all right i did and always rely on her and my world revolved around her and well i just have to realize that i have to be independent, but its hard when you lose all interest

This is a dark and difficult time to find yourself. I think sifting through your relationship will help you better understand you and I'm sure you can find things that you enjoyed then that you still enjoy now, even without her.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

keep patience
    http://www.goodlightscraps.com

In the end you live for yourself....eventually we all have to.

Start a new hobby.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."