+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Me = needy? ....need to know

Me = needy? ....need to know

Background info:
    I'm 21 and my boyfriend is 23. We've been together for a little over 2 years now. His schedule has been busier than usual because he's moving to Florida for graduate school, which I understand. When we both lived in the same city (Houston), he only saw me 1-2 times per week. He decided to take a night shift at work instead of day shift.... which I still don't understand... but anyway...

He's not even in Florida yet. His parents house is 2 hours away from where I live, and he's been hanging around there since the end of May. May was when his apartment contract ended. The issue here is that he's been spending time with his FEMALE friend basically everyday over where his parents live. He's been friends with this girl since past high school. They've been watching movies at her house every night until maybe midnight or later. They also exercised together, because he told me she has gained a little weight since high school.

When he finally comes up to Houston to visit, he spends about 5 hours with me, and 1.5 days with his friends, which includes that female friend who came along with him. He tells me he misses me, etc, etc, which could be all lies or maybe not... I dont know. His actions tell me he really doesn't.

Last night when he was hanging out with his friends in Houston, he texted me before he went to bed at his male friend's house, "Sorry to worry you. But I'm okay. My "female friend's name" is drunk. Love you" He usually calls me before he goes to bed... and why did he have to mention this his female friend was drunk? Arghhhh, I never even met her.

This week he is going to come to Houston again, only to help that same female friend pick up a washing machine. But he's not going to come visit me. Is there somethign wrong with that? Or is it just me?

I feel like I'm his last priority. I feel like I'm just another thing in his life. I feel ahhhhhhHHhhHh!! So, I'm wondering if I'm just beeing a needy, jealous girlfriend... If I'm not, I think I need to break up with him. I haven't talked to him about this yet. I haven't talked to him about wanting more time with him, but I KNOW he can sense it and I know he wouldn't give me more time.

F.Y.I. He says he hates Houston and I don't know why. And he tells me he wants to report in to me with whatever thing he does. I told him he doesn't have to and I don't like it. And he asked me why I don't like it. I said "I don't know." Why does he want to report things he does to me?
    Last edited by l000percentfat; 22-06-09 at 02:55 AM.

That does not sound like a good sign to me. I definitely understand why you would be worried as well. But this sentence caught my attention...

"but I KNOW he can sense it and I know he wouldn't give me more time."

Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. Although thinking like that is a terrible idea. Terrible. I'm sorry, but you need to talk to him if it is bothering you, more than likely your boyfriend has no idea. Guys do not catch on to things like that as easily as women.

I'm not saying that you wont be right in the end, but you have to talk to him about stuff instead of giving subtle clues.

Well it looks like you have said, "I don't know" a few times in your post meaning you don't know what he is feeling or he doesn't tell you these things. This not knowing is not a good sign. Another funny thing is it SEEMS like he is being honest by telling you that he is with this female friend. What I am going to say might be end up being garbage, but he may be telling you that he is with his female friend now and then just so it looks like he's being honest with you and you will feel like you can trust him so that he has someone to return to when he does come to Houston, you know what I mean? He likes having the privilege of both you and his other female friend. This idea might be too crazy though lol. But seriously, you need to tell him what you feel. At least you know you told him. How he deals with it, you can determine either to stay with him or dump him. What it sounds like though is that you should leave him pretty soon.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]