+ Follow This Topic

Thread: depression med=impossible sex HELP!

depression med=impossible sex HELP!

I recently took depression medication while dating my g/f. During that time I took it, sex was nearly impossible.

I now havn't taken it for about 3 months, and sex still seems impossible. I just cant finish, it seems like i can go forever. It seems like I lost feeling down there, sorta like a numb sensation while having sex. But when i masurbate by myself, I have NO problem at all. My girl thinks the condoms are too small but i dont think that matters. I also dunno if the medication has anyting to do with it either. Im a 20 year old male, and i dunno what the problem is. ANy idea's?

what meds are you taking?

I took lexapro, but i haven't taken it for 3 months now as i stated above
    20 M

it can definatley be the meds.depression medication will usually have sex side afftects you should speak to your physician about the problem and may be a different medication or lower dossage. By the way has the medication been helping you?
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

You said you were off the medication. So I don't see any issues. A lot of guys seem to have the problem that they can get off through masturbation, but not through sex. Next time you have sex, just finish it off yourself or have her finish you off. There's always ways around it.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

Blue - yea it worked but then just seemed like it didnt anymore, in which it was.

Fawn - Thats what i've been doing, but she thinks it an insult to her, im like wtf?
    20 M

Insult! ugh...
    I'd rather have the guy cum and be satisfied. She can't just expect to just leave ya hanging while she's all happy with her satisfaction. I call that being selfish. She should understand and be supportive.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by Fawn
    Insult! ugh...
    I'd rather have the guy cum and be satisfied. She can't just expect to just leave ya hanging while she's all happy with her satisfaction. I call that being selfish. She should understand and be supportive.
    yea your right, anyways i dumped her and i just want to be "ready" and not have a problem for a future girl....
    20 M

Lexapro has a side effect called ejaculation disorder. You may also experience impotence and decreased libido. With any antidepressive drug, there is usually some sort of sexual side effect. Thats why people usually stop taking them. I would recommend you see the doctor that prescribed this drug to you, just to see if you have any long term problems from this. I am really disappointed in your doctor and nurse for not educating you on this potential side effect of this drug. It is scary and just a 2 min teaching could have saved you from all this anxiety.
    No one is a virgin. Life screws us all.

I dont know about the particular type of drug you were taking... but Ive been on AD's, and while I was on them I couldnt climax. It took until about three or four months after I came off them before I was able to again, but it did happen eventually. Patience and persistance.
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

Quote Originally Posted by Calazviel
    hell my dream woman could stand right in front of me naked and my loins wouldn't even stir, i guess it would be a real ***** if i was in a relationship at this point in time
    i hear ya bro, thats how i feel
    20 M

It is known fact that antidepressants have sexual side effects. I recommend to you to try ZuPro to return your sex drive back.