+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Pretty "young" & in love with a girl from another country

Pretty "young" & in love with a girl from another country

Hello all,

I'll start with saying I'm a pretty attractive 22 year old man who doesn't have many problems to find any girl - I'm just spitting it out, to verify I'm not desperate in any way.

Heres the thing. A few months ago I made an account on some dating site, just for fun to be honest. A few friends of mine tried it aswell, and found it to be great to find new people to meet.
    So eventually they got me into it aswell. Who I met there, I had no idea...

So at this dating site - theres a tab apart that is international, for meeting people all over the world. One day I decided to check it out... Worst or best mistake of my life?
    It actually started 2 and a half month ago - a girl made some status that I really liked - so I wrote my opinion about it.

She suddenly private messaged me and we continued our conversation from there.. It went really well, she was so easy to talk to and soon we found out we had so much in common... A nice addition is that's she's really cute aswell - she'll be turning 21 this year. (1 year younger than me)
    Ever since talking to her for a few days, something happened I never expected to happen through the internet. I have no explanation for it, as before it I thought people who found love via online dating alone were "crazy" & I never really believed those stories.
    I noticed I kept getting more & more attached.. Noticed each morning I couldn't wait to turn on my pc to read her messages & respond. During the day I couldn't stop thinking about her - I thought I was going crazy. My eyes are actually watery as I'm writing this..
    I hated the fact so much I would never be able to touch her.. To cuddle her during a movie etc. Stuff real lovers do.. I started comparing every girl I met in real life to this "stranger" across the world, but none came close to the connection I have with her!

It has been 2 months and a half now, and I still have those same feelings - We talked about it alot and she feels the exact same way. I'm from Belgium, she's from the united arab emirates. Is it too soon to have this feeling I want to spend the rest of my life with her? We've talked through skype alot aswell, hours at a time.

I haven't told her yet - but I'm seriously thinking about some plan of us meeting somehow. Me to her, she to me - I care little.
    Is this crazy? Are we too young? We're both working already, but have little savings ofcourse.

I just never had these strong feelings for a girl & going more and more crazy everyday with knowing she lives so far away ...

I hate it :/
    Last edited by stynieke; 28-08-13 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stynieke View Post
    Is this crazy?
    It is completely crazy and it's your own fault. Nobody forced you to begin talking to somebody thousands of km away. I live in France and I have heard that there are women in Belgium. Why not try finding one.

You should be extremely happy for finding this - for experiencing this feeling. What you have described is incredible to feel. You should try to preseve this feeling.

But, you should know the greater it feels having her, the more painful it would be to lose her. So, the ups will feel like Heaven, the downs as the depths of Hell.

And yes, it is possible you have found the love of your life.

Enjoy this. You might have noticed, this is the time of your life when you feel like you are truly alive.

Those who love are living. The rest are merely existing.
    Last edited by toknow; 28-08-13 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    It is completely crazy and it's your own fault. Nobody forced you to begin talking to somebody thousands of km away. I live in France and I have heard that there are women in Belgium. Why not try finding one.
    Troll :/?
    No, nobody forced me to - But as I said, I was just writing my opinion on some status. We started messaging and it all came from that - How the hell was I supposed to expect a thing like that to happen?
    And yes, ofcourse there are girls in Belgium - But if you actually read my post I said that the connection just wasn't there with them.. Far from what I have with her

Quote Originally Posted by toknow View Post
    You should be extremely happy for finding this - for experiencing this feeling. What you have described is incredible to feel. You should try to preseve this feeling.

But, you should know the greater it feels having her, the more painful it would be to lose her. So, the ups will feel like Heaven, the downs as the depths of Hell.

And yes, it is possible you have found the love of your life.

Enjoy this. You might have noticed, this is the time of your life when you feel like you are truly alive.

Those who love are living. The rest are merely existing.
    It feels great when I'm talking to her - but as soon as I shut off my computer it dwells to me of how far away she actually lives lol :/.
    Thanks for your post, makes me feel a little better - I hope as hell I wont have to experience the downs.. umpf

Snap out of it... tell her "I'm sorry but because of the distance this can never work out" and stop being in contact with her (block her email address and everything). Focus on girls you can actually meet in real life.

By the way your feelings are perfectly common. A lot of people develop feelings for their idea of a person they've never met in real life and only talk to online (on this forum alone there are countless threads on the subject).
    Last edited by searock; 28-08-13 at 07:03 PM.

People falling 'in love' with somebody they have never met who lives thousands of miles away is just really really stupid. Want some useful advice - stop being an idiot.
    Quelle merde.