+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is he being nice? or did he mean it as more?

is he being nice? or did he mean it as more?

about five years ago i had an encounter with this guy. we both knew thats all it was, and were fine with it. i went on and got a bf and he a gf.Him and i have kept in contact all these years through email and text. nothing sexual. just friendly chat and "how are yous" about a year ago he split with her, and about a month ago my bf and i split. the other day i was venting to him about how awful my ex was being to me even after we split. saying really hurtful and mean things. one of many of these was how he said that nobody would ever love me just end up using me. which duh i know isnt true. i was rattling off alot of examples. but after that one all he texted me back was "i still love u." and i said "yeah he tries to make me feel bad anyway he can. and he meant like romantic love. like relationship and being with someone. not how friends love each other" i didnt know what he had meant we had never been all sayin luv ya or anything like that ever before. the only thing he had ever said was a few years back that if i wasnt with my current bf he would take me in a heart beat. but that was also when i was telling him about a fight that had happened. So anyways after the text i sent him he replied with " i know what he meant. i still love u." and i kinda freaked out and didnt know what to say so i just said thanks. i do like him. but am i reading to much into this? is he just saying these things to make me feel better cause i was having a hard time? Or do you think he may have meant it and was testing the waters??

I'm pretty sure he is either trying to just get in your pants, get some rebound sex, or he really does still fancy you in a romantic way. You decide based on his personality which one it is There is of course the slim chance he's a horrible communicator and doesn't like you more than a friend, but I doubt it.

Anyway, I suggest you figure out whether there is anything that makes you think there is no chance you like him more than a friend. If there isn't anything you can think of why you couldn't hook up with him, then just ask him out on a date, or flirt with him to give him signs to ask you out?

Sounds like he has always hoped that someday you will be together.....he is just one of those guys that wanted to wait for the right moment......he obviously finds you very special, and could never get you out of his mind all this time. A guy never keeps in touch "just because".