+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Economy Bit Me in the Ass!

Economy Bit Me in the Ass!

I wonder if I had it coming though?

Anyway... I returned from a week long vacation... Got up bright and early this morning, arrived at work only to be told I don't have a job anymore and here's my check.

However, my boss didn't want to let me go. She said she was forced to based on seniority (I was the last one hired). We talked for a bit, and she said I need to check back in two days... There are two other employees she had been wanting to 'let go' as their work is poor at best. Once she cuts them loose, she'll be able to hire me in their place.

I wouldn't have given this a second thought... but she mentioned this many times. I told her that I would have to look for another job, and she said to find one after 5pm if possible. So I think she's serious about hiring me back...

I'm glad I got that car... didn't realize I would need it this soon..
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

time to start collecting some unemployment!
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Ha ha... never collected an unemployment check in my life... not sure if I really want to start...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

I'm sorry to hear about that Aeradalia. We live in uncertain times.

I hope a better job is just around the corner.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I collected unemployment, but I was only able to collect for 1 of the 2 weeks I was unemployed because the first week was as they said "in waiting".

Anyway, sounds like she's saying what my bosses said too.

They told me that work was just slow and that they'd want to hire me back in a few weeks.

Well it's been a month and I heard through the grapevine that things have picked up.

I think it's their way of giving you false hope so you don't leave in a huff, and if they need you, you'll be oh-so-happy to have your job back when it's convenient for them.

F*cking cock sucking bastards.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What a drag/ job hunting is the worst possible way to spend your time. I hope something turns up quickly.

I do believe she is genuine in her desire to have me re-employed... it's her ability to actually accomplish this that I question -- not her sincerity. She had given me a raise in less than a couple of months... far more privileges than the other employees... and has taken the time to help me with many projects which weren't her concern at all.

However, as much as I would like to take the 'wait and see' approach.... I will have to use the resources I have available now to get another job lined up. As they say... plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Not sure if my Mom can/will help me out. She just guilts me even more, now that desperate times are really kicking in. Though I do grow weary of her physical outbursts... never could see what punching and slapping ever accomplished --- angry or not, as I'm not a violent person.

Perhaps my 'falling into ruin' will grant me the blessing of being free of her... one can only hope...

- James Allen

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm sorry, D. Not much else to say. Losing a job is awful. Keep us updated on prospects. What area do you work in?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    Though I do grow weary of her physical outbursts... never could see what punching and slapping ever accomplished --- angry or not, as I'm not a violent person.
    What??

Dalia, that is crazy. Does your mom have dementia? Sorry if you already said. Can you tie her to a chair and make her eat chili sauce everytime she acts up?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Aera, you need to move in with us.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    What area do you work in?
    I'm in exile from any chance of going to college until I can untangle the mess my ex-husband left for me... so till then it's minimum wage or nearly so for me. Hurts the ego quite a bit... but I only have to endure it for a year... possibly less. In the meantime, I have and will develop a very strong appreciation of 'higher education.'

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    What??

Dalia, that is crazy. Does your mom have dementia? Sorry if you already said. Can you tie her to a chair and make her eat chili sauce everytime she acts up?

I don't believe she has dementia. But I do suspect she is slightly retarded as she has difficulty understanding complex things... particularly the social dynamics between people. When frustrated she resorts to screaming and slapping... and then becomes all 'huggy' and apologetic afterward. Needless to say, I really, really don't liked to be hugged at all... except from my SO.

- James Allen

Oh... if my posts seem to have a different 'tone' as of late... there's a reason... finally figured out what was causing my depression... and undergoing treatment for that.

Steadily going down the checklist of all that I need to do... and in spite of all the 'drama'... it feels pretty damn good to no longer slip into sadness every 5 minutes...

- James Allen