+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Has anyone got a child with an ex, been dumped and gotten back together??

Has anyone got a child with an ex, been dumped and gotten back together??

My ex and I split up 5 months ago. We have tried to get back together and things have come between us. There's been arguements between his family, me and my family. The whole thing got very complicated and heated to the point were his dad aggresively laid hands on my mother. I was so hurt, after some of the terrible things that they did during in our relationship, that I told ex that I didn't want him to take baby alone (his parents take over whether he asks them to or not). We arranged to meet to solve the problems with his family and for his family to realise that they have over-stepped the mark and need to take a step back.
    Ex, however, thoroughly enjoyed his time with me and suggested we did it more often. He stalled sorting things with his parents and, because I miss him, I carried on seeing him as 'friends' with our child. It was all going very well. I did confront him to ask about 'us'. He'd already mentioned that he 'didn't think things would work'. He said that he loved me very much and was very hurt (I left him initially when our relatonship had been bad for a while, I wanted to make amends and he didn't) and he stated that he couldn't 'handle a relationship at this moment'. He said he may change his mind but he may not. I was shattered, utterly heartbroken. We'd gotten on so well in the days we'd been out I thought maybe he'd remember the good times. He has a very stressful job and is constantly pushing for promotion. At the moment, he is having to work over-time to keep his position and feel one the reasons for 'not wanting a relationship' is because he is focussing on that (his parents push him on this also). He said that he is ABSOLUTELY NOT dating anybody else or wanting to. He just wants to be on his own.
    We've been out a few more times as he's still dragging his feet with sorting out his parents (I want my son to have a good relationship with his dad's family despite the problems).
    I want to detatch myself from him as I do want to be with him and have been advised to let him 'miss me'. But is he really going to miss me when he doesn't want a relationship to begin with? I realise at the moment he's having his cake and eating it. I'm just wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation to me and had them come back after cutting contact? And if so, how do you cut contact when you still have to HAVE contact for the sake of the child? I want my family back together and I love him. Can anyone offer any advice that will be the best way of bringing him back? Is he all talk or does he still love me?

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    let him go. find someone new.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj