+ Follow This Topic

Thread: HUGE PROBLEM. Please Be kind...

I have a huge problem! Please Be Kind!

Hey everybody. Seems I have gotten myself in a bit of a problem. Here it goes. I am 18 years old and I work nights. I met a new girl there, she is 27. She is new to the United States, and I was going to show her a cool club that I go to. She kind of asked me if I knew any good clubs, and I asked if she wanted to go. So we made a "date' for Friday nigtht. Well that Friday morning I went over my 'friends' (I mean we are not very close friends and I don't discuss anything with him) and he asked me how my life is going and I told him I am in love...with that girl from work...probably did the wrong thing by telling him. So we are in the car and talking about this and he asks me her name and I tell him like an idiot, and he also asks me her age...I had to lie, so I said 17...and he is like "more like 27" that's when I figured out that he knows her...somehow...then when he asked me where she lives, I forgot the name of the city so he 'guessed' it. What do I do now? I am 18 dating a 27 year old and I lied to my 'friend' and now he must think I am CRAZY! Plus I don't want him to think I am a liar, cause I am not...

ok-why would you lie to your friend here? Theres no reason to feel ashamed if youre into someone whose older than you? How to mend this one? Well you could just tell him you were unsure of things and where they stand with her-and didnt want to make a federal case out of it-youre just figuring things out for yourself yet...besides if hes a friend hes not going to judge you!

I wouldnt fret this one too much-guys really dont care about those little trivial things anyway...
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

How is this a problem at all? Let alone a huge one. Easiest solution, don't care. Go on your date and do your thing like you want to. You lied because you were embarassed about the age gap, no biggie, I've done it. Just go with how you feel and don't think twice about what he thinks, he doesn't matter, he isn't a part of this potential relationship.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Zekk is always right and always dead on - don't make other people's problems your problems - let it go. If you think you have a chance with this women - focus on the positives with that.

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

Hmm this looks remarkable like a thread in the general folder that I jsut answered . . .

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

Thanks guys, helps to get this off my chest, it's different for me! Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by jslaughter
    Zekk is always right and always dead on
    Well shucks Jules, I think you're swell too. {kicks rocks}

Hehe, thanks for the boost there though.
    Heit ist mein taug.

In my time here, I've learned there are some people you can always count on for intelligent and insightful answers. You my friend Zekk are high on the list.

first of all, you're in love???? and second of all, your friend knows her? -> who cares? why would you need to lie to him/her anyways? you think your friend is going to do what? you aren't crazy, you're just not giving us enough details. either your friend is in love with you, or there's something you're leaving out of this story.
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

An average man deserves not such amazing praise, though I thank you for it.
    Heit ist mein taug.

HELL NO, I am STRAIGHT...

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    the part that is really bothering is how did your friend know this girl, even when you lied about her age?? raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Apparently he knew where she lived, when I couldn't remember the name of the city, and when I said 17 he is like "more like 27" ....I think that proves that he knows her, unless it's just a BIG coincidence.