+ Follow This Topic

Thread: good sign or bad?

good sign or bad?

about 5 months ago I met this new girl who is so much more intelligent and also better looking than me
    what Im trying to figure out is whether or not she just wants to be friends or actually likes me.We hang out between classes and in free periods and stuff. she's a little shy but we laugh and joke a lot but she's always really nervous near me jumpy and that. Theres only one thing Im a little unsure about - when I touch her , brush her side as I walk by or touch her hand or arm as I reach past her for something she jumps a mile.then she's right back to laughing and being like she always is. I would have gone for it earlier as I broke up with my last girlfriend a few weeks or so ago , but although I know her really well I'm worried she'll think she's rebound and it's a bit discouraging when she jumps. what do u guys think - should I ask her out on a proper date alone or wait a while or maybe just drop it completely?
    "Nobody , so long as he moves about among the chaotic currents of life , is without trouble. Carl jung

Don't ask out on proper date. Ask her out to go out as a friend sometime and see what she says. Make it something casual a coffee or lunch. It will get clearer once you have that kind of routine with her where to go from there.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

wait a little. how long had you been dating your ex? are those feelings gone? and be sure it's not a rebound... i want to help you gartlas cause you've helped me a lot with my problems!

Okay

*clears throat*

If she jumps when you touch her, that's a GOOD sign, not a bad one. It means she doesn't know how to properly react to normaly everyday physical interaction with you. If you were just another one of the multitude of people she deals with on a daily basis, this would not be the case. But you're not, are you? You're "special".

And if she jumps when everyone touches her then run. She's on meds.

Just ask her on a halfway date--one that, if she isn't interested in you, you can always play off as a "just friends hanging out" thing.
    There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

Quote Originally Posted by ExpoNovak View Post
    And if she jumps when everyone touches her then run. She's on meds.
    lol thanks - this bit made me grinning for a whole 10 minutes [=

thanks for your help guys ; and no blues [= it's definitely not a rebound I partly broke up with my ex because of this girl , and I'd been with her for about half a year
    "Nobody , so long as he moves about among the chaotic currents of life , is without trouble. Carl jung