+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I love someone who doesn't love me back

I love someone who doesn't love me back

Hi everyone. I am in love with a man named Darrell. I am deeply in love with this man. However, he rejected me once again tonight. I asked him for one chance and he said he had already given me a chance before but I didn't know about it because it wasn't official between us. So I told him that if it had been official, I wouldn't have made the mistakes that I did. I asked him to make it official for me just once so that I could try again but he didn't agree to it. So anyway, I am just so depressed and he is depressed because he made me depressed. If you all could please offer some advice as to how to get him to love me back or how to deal with the situation, I'd appreciate it. I guess I just have to come to terms with the situation but I don't know how. Please help me.

Don;t really have a lot to work with here, but one thing you need to recognize is that you CAN'T make someone love you. People decide on there own who they like via interactions and observing. Even if you somehow could make him love you it wouldn't last, he would have to step outside who he is and no one can pull that off forever.

Its hard, but move past him. He may come back in the future and you can deal with it then, but for now you need to move on my dear.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    umm... move on... how else can i put it?

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

May be he have some one in his life may be she is perty then u but u dont worry
    you just make your self pretty & hot
    every body just noticing at you
    when you with him in public place just every person noticing you just make your self gorgious & when you with him just try to seem other people
    just make sure that your are ignoring him but always with him
    he will be with you after 3 or 4 dates
    but do not make your dates in rooms just in public place
    remember these things
    do not agressive & make sure you are too happy in front of him
    best of luck

Rejection sucks, of course, and is chemically depressing, but separate out the rational part of you from the emotion.

The rational part should be saying something like: Rule 1 of a good relationship is to find someone that WANTS you, which is (as a female in particular) not as hard as you might think, though it takes some work). So this is NOT a good relationship for you. If you're playing games like "give me one chance," and "was if official?" then this is a bad relationship to stay way way far away from.

That doesn't help your emotional need, though, and even knowing the above, given a chance you'd probably be back with him. Well, the good thing is you apparently don't have that chance, because you've been rejected! So circumstance is working WITH rationality this time, and the only thing to do is to deal with your messy emotions. Go write some songs or poems or pictures or stories or whatever... it's not actually that many times in your life where you get to hit the depths of emotion as opposed to the long gray drudge of sameness, so take advantage of it. Treat your urge to go back and see this guy like a restless puppy you have to deal with in your house... don't drown it with booze or anything, but go walk it around, feed it, clean up after it, just take care of it until it grows up, i.e. until you get over him. Just don't do anything rash, like hurt yourself or go beg to this guy or throw yourself at someone who probably has VD.

it sounds like he feels you may have rejected him in the past, and that he sees you are too much of an emotional risk. He probably has trust issues with you, and thats hard to fix.

You are going to have to just lay it out once more and ask him for the reason he thinks it wont work, if there is no good answer then it means he is making up excuses.

You can't ever get anyone to love you.

Though I think I would prefer downright rejection and finality to something ambiguous. (I say this now...)

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He's just not into you.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/He%27s_Just_Not_That_Into_You[/url]

::puts her arms together and bops her head::
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.