+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Long distance, yes or no?

Long distance, yes or no?

I'm going to college on the eastcoast this fall but my girlfriend will be finishing up her senior year on the westcoast. We've been dating for 9 months and I love her with all my heart. I know a lot of couples break up during their freshmen year in college, and i'm scared of that. I told her that we would make it work but I don't know how hard it would get. We both wanna stay together, but i don't know if it's a wise decision.

anachronistic Guest
    Well if you love her with all your heart, the best decision is to stay together.

yeah. and heck, if that doesn't work out, then at least you tried.

Anything is better than playing the "what if" game.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I am not a fan of college-high school romances at all, and I think you are being very realistic to question its feasability at this point.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

try and see how it is..its hard work LDR.

Quote Originally Posted by halfmage View Post
    I'm going to college on the eastcoast this fall but my girlfriend will be finishing up her senior year on the westcoast. We've been dating for 9 months and I love her with all my heart. I know a lot of couples break up during their freshmen year in college, and i'm scared of that. I told her that we would make it work but I don't know how hard it would get. We both wanna stay together, but i don't know if it's a wise decision.
    well to my thinking, long distance relation ends up in a negative turn in other words a break up.

Feelings for each other may fad away slowly.

and BOM that's how it is.

Long distance relationships can and do work, provided you both love each other and are faithful, and are willing to work it.

At any rate, I suggest you give it your best now, so you won't have any regrets later. If it doesn't work out, just take comfort in the fact that you tried.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LDR's are hard. Very. But, if you really see yourself with this person in the future, then it could possibly work.

My cousin is currently engaged to her high school sweetheart. They both graduated and she went off to college and he went into the air force. They kept things going the past 4 yrs with emails, text messages, the phone, and occasional visits. He proposed a few months ago and she accepted. So, it really can work out if you both put your all into it. Just don't expect it to be easy.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

LDR are only for the experienced :p
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein