+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is the best way to tell if a woman likes me?

What is the best way to tell if a woman likes me?

Hi Ladies,

I would like to know how I can tell if a woman is interested in me or not, and if I should be the one to make the first move (how?) or wait till I get clear signals from the woman?

I can never seem to read the signs of when a woman is interested or not,,especially if she is like it with other guys..

Would appreciate your advice..

Thanks..

There's not a single way to make it 100% certain she loves/likes you. The only way to find out for sure is to ask her.
    i'm just a broken hearted girl

the ol' famous ★Starlight★ on the warrior cat forums

There are various body language clues that can help you know if a woman is interested in you. She will obviously smile at you. She will look at you a little longer than usual. She will use eye contact, even perhaps quickly look away, depending on her personality, or if she's shy. If she knows you are looking at her she will tend to primp and preen her hair. If you are already having a conversation she might touch your arm or similar. If she really likes you she will laugh at your attempts at humour (even if they're not all that funny). There are lots of ways that a woman will subtly let you know that she's interested in you.

If you think a woman that you like is interested in you, the next thing to do is obviously talk to her. Yes, you have to make the 'first move'. It's a guy thing. Deal with it. Just smile, say 'hello' and ask her name. Introduce yourself. Shake hands. Be polite. Ladies love a man with good manners. Keep it simple. Coming up with tacky 'lines' is a HUGE turn off for most women. Just ask her questions about herself and LISTEN to the answers.

One guy I know who is terrific with the 'ladies' will ask a woman questions about herself until he finds something (anything!) they have in common, then next thing you know there's a whole conversation going on. I've seen him do it many times. "Oh, you're from Ballarat. My grandmother was born in Ballarat..." "Oh, you like French cooking, so do I..." "Oh, you ride a bicycle! I used to have a bicycle when I was a kid..." He looks them in the eyes, smiles at them and listens intently to whatever they say. Most women find being genuinely listened to hard to resist. Almost everyone loves to talk about themselves!

If you get over this initial hurdle and you find you like each other's company obviously the next thing to do is ask for her number so you can have lunch/coffee/whatever some time soon. If she's interested, she'll give you her number if not... oh well! Better luck next time.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Tanguerra; 07-10-11 at 01:27 PM.