+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ladies... need some advice ....

Ladies... need some advice ....

Ok.. here is the deal.

I'm in a rut. I need to get out. I haven't dated in the last two years, and to say the least, it is getting old.

First, lets cover the basics.

Physical: African American - 5'9 still attrative - don't look my age. I do need to lose some weight and am working on it. I'm in the gym 4 to 5 days a week - can run between 3 and 5 miles a day and still bench 225+

Marital Status: Divorced - 2 kids, 17 and 13. I know what your thinking, but my kids are very good - not crazy teenagers running around.

Career: I'm a software engineer, making good money.

Home: 5 bed room single family, 2 car garage, yada, yada, yada

Personality: I'm shy at first but warm up quickly. I have a quick wit and sharp mind. I'm comfortable with most topics of conversation. I do tend to think a lot and have a tendency to over analyise. But if your up for an intellectual challenge I'm your guy.

Other: I love to cook, I play music (bass, guitar and drums) and am very romantic - holding hands, long walks, that sort of thing.

So what's the problem? I can't seem find anyone to date. I've seen threads on this forum where women are saying that there are no good men other, yet I'm having a hard time finding someone I like to talk to, date and more.

What am I looking for? Well, I'm looking for an Asian or latin female between say 35 and 45 that will date an african american. Must be in the DC/MD/VA area - sorry, not interested in long distance.

As for physical characteristics: someone that is easy on the eyes, is slender to average, etc... (Any filipina's out there - I love the pinay look)

Any suggestions on where to go, what to do, where to look?

the best way to meet people is through friends of friends of friends...do your friends know you are loooking?

also a good way to look for a possible spouse is by putting yourself out there. anybody at the gym that is easy on your eyes?

have you tried online--eharmony.com? match doctor?

The gym is a hard place to meet people. Most people are coming or going, everyone has an ipod on so its hard to have a cool intro.

Plus there are lots of younger, better looking guys there.

As for the online stuff, I have more met people thru mySpace then the dating sites. The main issue I have there is the people I like and who like me are never near where I live. Makes it kinda hard to do dinner and a movie.