+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He won't stop treating me like a friend!

He won't stop treating me like a friend!

I've been dating this guy (as in boyfriend/girlfriend thing) for a little over a month now. In the last couple of weeks I've started to notice that whenever we go out and do something, he treats me more like a friend then a girlfriend. I brought up the issue to him the other day and all he said was "I guess I've always been like that, never really noticed"

I'm not sure how to deal with this, because it obviously doesn't bother him, should I bring it up again and force a conversation on him? or should I just see if it changes?

What do you mean treats you like a friend rather than a girlfriend? Do you mean he doesn't openly show affection in public? In private?

Can you elaborate a little?

its not babe, its dude.
    no affection AT ALL when we're out in public, no hand holding, kissing, hugging, anything.

Quote Originally Posted by confusedlady008 View Post
    its not babe, its dude.
    no affection AT ALL when we're out in public, no hand holding, kissing, hugging, anything.
    is it just when you are in public?

yes, it's just when we're in public..

yes, it's just when we're in public..
    There you go... Maybe he just isn't comfortable being "affectionate" in public... I can totally get that.

that may be it.. but I'm not into the whole part time girlfriend thing, you either treat me like your girlfriend all the time or not at all.

Crikey, he's talking to you as he would talk to a guy friend...'hey dude'....wtf?

I wouldn't be happy with that. I remember my ex once sending me a text message and he'd said 'How you doing son'?....LOL. I totally blasted him and told him NEVER to speak to me like he talks to his male friends...I'm a woman ffs!

As for showing affection in public, well maybe he just isn't that kinda guy. I'm not one for openly kissing and hugging in public. Perhaps he doesn't feel that he has to proclaim to the world that he loves you.

that may be it.. but I'm not into the whole part time girlfriend thing, you either treat me like your girlfriend all the time or not at all.
    Then tell him what you are telling the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    Crikey, he's talking to you as he would talk to a guy friend...'hey dude'....wtf?

I wouldn't be happy with that. I remember my ex once sending me a text message and he'd said 'How you doing son'?....LOL. I totally blasted him and told him NEVER to speak to me like he talks to his male friends...I'm a woman ffs!

As for showing affection in public, well maybe he just isn't that kinda guy. I'm not one for openly kissing and hugging in public. Perhaps he doesn't feel that he has to proclaim to the world that he loves you.

I have told him not to call me dude, I'm his girlfriend, I don't mind if my guy friends call me dude, I'm not having sex with them.
    and I don't need EVERYONE to know that he likes me, but sometimes a girl just needs a kiss, and I don't think I should have to ask for one when I want one if we happen to be in public.

I have told him not to call me dude, I'm his girlfriend, I don't mind if my guy friends call me dude, I'm not having sex with them.
    and I don't need EVERYONE to know that he likes me, but sometimes a girl just needs a kiss, and I don't think I should have to ask for one when I want one if we happen to be in public.
    Well, calling you dude could be considered offensive, but some people don't like to show "affection" in public.. if you can't deal with that, maybe you should find another guy..

I have had an ex that doesn't like any PDA at all, when I leaned in for a kiss she would turn away... and then I had another that wanted constant attention. It all differs by people, some people are not down for being affectionate in public. Calling you "dude" is a little much though, if I were you I would bring it up. If that doesn't do it then embarrass him in front of his friends :p

Are you absolutely sure you're his only girlfriend? The only guy I ever went out with who was standoffish in public turned out to be two-timing his girlfriend with me.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Are you absolutely sure you're his only girlfriend? The only guy I ever went out with who was standoffish in public turned out to be two-timing his girlfriend with me.
    Hahahahahahahahaha!

Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I'm not worried about that at all. I feel like if he did have another women, he wouldn't want me around his friends, especially the guys at the shop he works on his race car at, or at his races.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast