+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A big massive muddle.

A big massive muddle.

I'm not really sure where to start or why I'm here in the first place except that I feel overwhelmed and could really use some advice. Basically I am in a relationship with a great person but we have our problems. We recently broke up due to these problems but are now trying to resolve them and be together. The BIG problem is that I have fallen in love with somebody else. This would be easy to assume I should just leave the old relationship to focus on the new one but there are many other complications. I really do feel like I still love my boyfriend, if we can resolve our problems I can see a future with him. The new man has also moved to another country but promises to return every month to see me and to move back in a year so we can live together and have a proper relationship. I know I should cut all ties with the new man and focus on my relationship but I can't get him out of my head. I don't want both, I couldn't live with myself if I was cheating, I just don't know what to do for the best.
    Sorry this is so lengthy, there are even more complications but this is the shortest explanation I can come up with!

How long have you known the new guy and does he love you?

How do you know he will definitely be back for you in a year?

I think you need to look long and hard about what you have now and whether you think you can resolve these issues. If not then move on, but bear in mind you could be all alone in a year whereas if you are prepared to put the work in now, you could have something real and longlasting.

Are you sure you're not just infatuated with the new guy?

What are some of the other issues?

I've worked with the new guy for a year and we are quite close, or we were before he moved (which was on Monday) The added complication is that he also has someone, an ex who is still in his life. She pays for a lot of stuff for him and in his words "does a lot for me and looks after my parents" If I am totally honest I think it is just infatuation, he's gorgeous and exotic and romantic but if I look at it long term I can see myself getting very upset with the ex situation. He says he loves me and needs me to stay alive. I have just told him that I am back in my relationship and he said "ok love that means you forgot me." Honestly now I just want to concentrate on my relationship but can't get this guy out of my head.