+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: N.Korea --- Nuclear Bomb Testing

N.Korea --- Nuclear Bomb Testing

Oct. 9 (Bloomberg) -- North Korea said it detonated a nuclear bomb, hours after the Japanese and Chinese governments warned the communist country against proceeding with the test.

The nuclear test, conducted under a scientific method and under specific calculations, did not cause any danger,'' North Korea's official Korea Central News Agency said. It is the first time North Korea has announced a nuclear test.
    [url]http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aQAiwV6jnozM&refer=home[/url]

Discuss.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This is scary. and somehow I doubt that Kim Jong-Il cares about sanctions being imposed.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

George Bushes statement regarding the incident is going to air any second now...

This is crazy. Has the world learned anything from Hiroshima and Chernobyl.
    Many questions answered.... Many answers questioned

Apparently it was only equivalent to 550 tons of TNT. That is pathetic, Hiroshima was 15,000. Bring on the war!

i say we give japan and s. korea a couple of our nukes.

Oh is that all.........guess it's okay then....NOT!
    Many questions answered.... Many answers questioned

I say let N.Korea piss and moan. Let them think this test means something. More sanctions. This is not a negotiation, nor should it turn into one. A negotiation requires leverage from one side. If North Korea believes having a nuclear weapons is any sort of leverage, they are far from sane. If you bring a 9mm to a fight versus a standing Army, would you call that leverage? I think not.

More sanctions. And, make China spearhead this. China is the closest thing North Korea has to an ally, and the further apart we drive them, the more desperate North Korea will become. At that point, if North Korea gets hostile, China will have no choice but to physically intervene. You want to see the United States stop getting involved? It’s a perfect way to do it. Pin their last ally against them, and make them pull the trigger.
    Last edited by Kiechi; 09-10-06 at 11:21 PM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think sanctions are the only thing we CAN do, but unfortunately, this only hurts the little people. Those in power won't suffer much.

Anyway, I don't see how the US can be involved in anything more than sanctions anyway. We are spread too thin as it is. Unless they are willing to recall a draft, god forbid.
    Last edited by vashti; 09-10-06 at 11:50 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

King Zarathu Guest
    I honestly don't think there's anything to worry about. Let the Koreans think they're being cute with they're nuclear experiments so they can satisfy their powerless insecurity, and soon they'll get back to playing World of Warcraft, just like they used to.

In my opinion, the worst that could happen out of that would be them threatening to have a nuclear war with another country, but I doubt they would be that stupid. Several countries are developing nuclear weapons (such as Iran, as well), so the only reason Bush has to keep them from it is so that he doesn't feel threatened by what could possibly become another superpower country (China).

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
    I honestly don't think there's anything to worry about. Let the Koreans think they're being cute with they're nuclear experiments so they can satisfy their powerless insecurity, and soon they'll get back to playing World of Warcraft, just like they used to.

In my opinion, the worst that could happen out of that would be them threatening to have a nuclear war with another country, but I doubt they would be that stupid. Several countries are developing nuclear weapons (such as Iran, as well), so the only reason Bush has to keep them from it is so that he doesn't feel threatened by what could possibly become another superpower country (China).
    Eloquently put.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post

Also, if any action isn't taken what kind of message does that send out? "Hey everyone, look! you can conduct all the nuclear experiemnts you want! Whos going to stop you?" The answer to that is, noone.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurasian View Post
    Also, if any action isn't taken what kind of message does that send out? "Hey everyone, look! you can conduct all the nuclear experiemnts you want! Whos going to stop you?" The answer to that is, noone.
    I agree. Once they see that you can test with nothing happening then they will start to see how far they can go before you do anything. And it may be to late to do anything, but to rage war against N.Korea.

Quiet frankly N. Korea is more of a treat to us and our Allies than Iraq is. Heck N. Korea has WMD and what is pussy corrupt Bush doing about it? Nothing. Ya we have military in the area, but nothing that will scare N. Korea. I highly doubt we even have 1/4 of the Pacific Fleet in the area. I rather we fought N. Korea than the "terrorist" in Iraq which has turned into Vietnam.

Quote Originally Posted by jurupa View Post
    I agree. Once they see that you can test with nothing happening then they will start to see how far they can go before you do anything. And it may be to late to do anything, but to rage war against N.Korea.

Quiet frankly N. Korea is more of a treat to us and our Allies than Iraq is. Heck N. Korea has WMD and what is pussy corrupt Bush doing about it? Nothing. Ya we have military in the area, but nothing that will scare N. Korea. I highly doubt we even have 1/4 of the Pacific Fleet in the area. I rather we fought N. Korea than the "terrorist" in Iraq which has turned into Vietnam.
    The exact reaction I got when I was watching his statement on the news.

Okay, so you're all okay with the US being the World Police? I'm not. I don't think this should have gotten to the point where George and his Posse were having a pissing contest with the next little punk on the block.

This is out of control.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast