+ Follow This Topic

Thread: kissing another, and forgiveness. Is it possible?

kissing another, and forgiveness. Is it possible?

I was involved in a long term relationship. Over a year. Madly in love.

Thought the world of him, and things were perfect. He goes on Holidays overseas and in, just past a week.. He kisses another girl. He was drinking, which doesn't been **** to me. He told me this, a short time after appearing distant. Something was wrong, and i could tell he was avoiding me. When he told me, (via webcam) my heart just shattered.
    I've never felt so hurt in my entire life.

We talked, and i asked questions. He was honest, he answered them all. He didn't know why he did it. He intended to simply wish her a good night, after spending the day together as friends. He said that it was nice for him at the time, to get some interest from a girl like her. But after he realised what he did... He was deeply upset, and said it was the greatest mistake of his life. He was a wreck about it. As, was i.

I said i needed distance. He said he will do anything to fix it. He has been regretful, and i am just in so much pain.

Can this be fixed.
    How can i trust him again?
    Is it true, once a cheater always a cheater.

Ok... Assuming he is honest, and kissing is all he did, then yes that is forgivable. Kissing isn't sex. He regrets it, so you should forgive him.
    But the most important factor, which only you know, is how sorry he is about this. This isn't cheating...it was a slip. Men act funny when
    an attractive woman shows interest. But the fact that he came clean, and did NOT have sex with this woman, you should be happy about it.
    He's a good guy that made a stupid move. It's not a fatal move.

Also, one thing you need to remember. As long as men are not engaged or married, they are fair game. The whole point of dating is to test the relationship.
    You shouldn't be upset that he did ANYTHING with someone else because he is an available male. You can't force a single male to be with you. He has to want
    to be with you. IMHO.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's cheating to me.

Usually once a cheater, always a cheater ... but there are rare exceptions, and I think this may be one of them.

Look, he was home free. He could have carried this secret to his grave and you would have been none the wiser. But his level of guilt and shame over having done it made that imposible for him.

In a way, he is more trustworthy because you now know how lousy he would be at cheating. Not an excuse, but you might want to give him a one-time "get out of jail free" card on this one.

Carl.