+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to get a guy's forgiveness

How to get a guy's forgiveness

I had a messed up situation with a guy. It started with me just wanting to get to know him better and he suggested we fool around for the time being since he did not want a gf at the moment. I said no first but he kept saying how he could not wait to see me and how great he thought I was so I ended up falling for his charm... anyway, he stopped it months later and said he just wanted to be friends. He later told me he stopped it then because he knew I was developing feelings for him. We hung out twice and then ended up making out. I could not take it anymore so I told him about my feelings. He told me he never had any desire to date me and was no longer physically attracted to me. I got really upset and kept trying to talk to him about it. He would always respond. Then after a few weeks he flipped out and told me we could not be friends because I make him anxious. It killed me because I forgave him for making him feel like he liked me just so he could fool around with me but he refused to forgive me for asking too many questions. I know girls like to talk about their problems but how do guys get over things. He wont talk to me anymore. Does he just need time? Or is he just a jerk who used me?

Girls talk about her problems so as to feel better, guys handle their problems by "fire- gazing", or meaning, alone time. Guys are not as vocal on problems as girls are. They would do something else to keep their mind off things, before coming back to their own problems again. OR, never come back to the problem again.

Guys are also not much of a emotional creature, they control their emotions, nor can they say their emotions well, Controling his emotions shows that a guy is in control, that he is dominant.
    He doesnt know how to react to your emotions, thats why he flipped, He wants you to back off. Give him his time, Let him think..

I can't give you a proper answer to whether he is a jerk, Maybe he is! for leading you on and giving you false hope,

Then again, it might be different from his point of view.

My advice that I can give you, is to give him a cool period, give YOURSELF a cool period, after a few days down the road, meet up, or talk on the phone,
    talk about the topic again WITHOUT your emotions running high. Then see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    Or is he just a jerk who used me?
    This. Don't waste any more time with him.

He's a jerk that used you. Learn from your experience.

The guy was honest with you. Honorable actually.

Yeah the only problem was it was a bit too late. Do you think he will forgive me? It is just we live so close to each other that it scares me to run into him. What should I do to try to make the peace? I have already been doing no contact. How long should I wait to contact him again?

No nothing....it's over .... Move on and forget it

Have you tried to convince your girl friends who may have a higher sex drive to simply use him for sex until he clamors for a relationship? You may find it easier for him to forgive you then.