+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Interacting with the people in SF.

Interacting with the people in SF.

So last June I moved to San Fransisco. I moved here because my industry seemed to be flourishing here and when I had visited in the past the people seemed outgoing, unique, progressive, skillful and generally more "evolved". After living here since June I come to find out the only thing I was right about is the money.

The people here in my age bracket are soooooooooooo dumb its difficult to be around them for an extended period of time. Their all future-less, dreamless, skill-less social packing foam. On the surface they preach acceptance of everyone and their ideals but only if you are a social misfit type who has years of pinned up rage from being picked last in P.E. and never developing an aptitude for anything other than Dungeons and Dragons. These guys aren't even up to World of Warcraft standard of epic life failure...

Before someone asks... NO I am not from the south.

I seem to get along better with people older than me, usually significantly older like +15 years, but even they are hard to be around because they are typically more jaded and less passionate and creatively motivated. Even in my line of work.

Where are there 25+ year olds with skills sets, dreams, goals, accomplishments who are free-willed thinking fully self actualized human begins, or at least at whatever level of all of that I am?! I thought I would encounter more people like me at a big name college or art school but the only thing you find there are trust fund kids with no life experiences... I can't be the only one of my kind! I know you guys are out there somewhere!
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

are you serious?

perhaps you should find alternatives to where you've been going to scrutinise for like-minded souls, and who knows? you may even find someone up to your 'level'.

seriously dude, SF has enough of a population to find someone interesting, surely?

Thats what I have been telling myself all these months... Any suggestions?
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

wait and watch dude

They can't afford SF, Graham. That place is ****ing ridiculous.
    Spammer Spanker