+ Follow This Topic

Thread: right or wrong?

right or wrong?

So before i tell all this situation i need to tell the background story of it: me and my boyfriend have known each other for 3 years now but we've been together for a year and 7 months now but its a long distant relationshiop. In december i messed up and liked a boy i was in class with and we hung out and everything but nothing physical happened between us and i ended it cause of me having a boyfriend. then in may, my boyfriend decided to end things because of it and ended up getting a relationship in that month but ended things with her and came back to me.

so now that were back together i didnt want him talking to her. some reasons behind it is that she would lie about cutting herself, killing herself & would pretend to faint and be other people, and there was obvious signs that you could tell she was all talk...or pretty much a pathological liar.

so now the deal is, that she talked to him yesterday and pretended that she "died" and he didnt believe her at all and after that they started talking like nothing so now he says he wants to be friends with her.

so what the question really is, is it fair that hes talking to her even though i "kinda" cheated on him without doing anything physical with the other boy or should i not over react?

sorry if its long
    Last edited by Lizziecupcakes; 30-07-08 at 01:22 AM.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizziecupcakes View Post
    So before i tell all this situation i need to tell the background story of it: me and my boyfriend have known each other for 3 years now but we've been together for a year and 7 months now but its a long distant relationshiop. In december i messed up and liked a boy i was in class with and we hung out and everything but nothing physical happened between us and i ended it cause of me having a boyfriend. then in may, my boyfriend decided to end things because of it and ended up getting a relationship in that month but ended things with her and came back to me.

so now that were back together i didnt want him talking to her. some reasons behind it is that she would lie about cutting herself, killing herself & would pretend to faint and be other people, and there was obvious signs that you could tell she was all talk...or pretty much a pathological liar.

so now the deal is, that she talked to him yesterday and pretended that she "died" and he didnt believe her at all and after that they started talking like nothing so now he says he wants to be friends with her.

so what the question really is, is it fair that hes talking to her even though i "kinda" cheated on him without doing anything physical with the other boy or should i not over react?

sorry if its long
    If you didn't get physical with the other guy, then you didn't cheat. But your boyfriend did have the right to be angry about your thinking about going out with someone else. But that was a while ago, and he should be over it.

It's clear that your boyfriend is some kind of doormat to even be friends with a manipulative person like that. However, you cannot control who he hangs out with, you cannot decide who his friends are.

Just tell him that and leave it at that.

If his friendship with her makes you uncomfortable, which it clearly does, then he should end it. I don't know any women who would be ok with their boyfriend being friends with a girl whose arms he ran into within the month of the breakup. It seems like a set up for trouble and fights with him down the line. Plus, it sounds like she wants him back and is using a ridiculous ploy to garner his sympathy.