• 1-10 yrs difference

5 27.78%
  • 1-10+ yrs difference

4 22.22%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Age gap poll: younger man vs older man

Age gap poll: younger males vs older males

1-5yrs should really be 1-7yrs. makes more sense then just a 2 years increase.so please for those who are voting choose 1-5 if your limit is 7 yrs, which quite a few has mentioned.

i'm curious how old of a man would a woman tolerate as potential mate? personally as a man i just cant get over the age gap issue. i would not go out with a woman thats more then 5yrs younger then me or 3yrs older then me. but it seems alot of the woman are attracted to older man. like people which you would call "uncle 10yr+ difference" while your young .

whats the mentality of those woman i'm curious? i see a lot of relationships where the younger woman gets manipulated and controlled by the older males, obviously its not always the case but it does happen frequently. if a similar aged guy and a older "uncle" guy appears to be interested in you, both loves you just as much. taken out the financial aspects which 1 would appeal to you more?
    Last edited by GK001; 26-01-11 at 09:36 PM.

I think it depends on the ages of the people involved because differences in age are a percentage are they not? If you are 20 and you are dating somebody who is 25 then that is a big difference in percentage terms. I'm 47 and my GF is 40, a difference of 7 years. In percentage terms it's no big deal.

when people reach 20+ i don't think % makes a difference.20yr old dating 25yr old, 18 dating 23yr old is pretty damn common.
    i'm asking the females of this forum...i know generally males tend to want "younger the better" (obviously in non- pedo terms) lol

Personally, I'd pick someone older over someone my age. Of course, it depends on all kind of personal-factors. I'd go out with someone who's 10 years older; my last ex was 12 years older than me.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I wouldnt date someone younger. I prefer men that are older than me, im 23 and my bf is 30, so 7 years. Thats probably the max age difference i would go with for someone i wanted a relationship with.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

I prefer my own age group. I've never gone for older and never gone for younger.

If I was to go for a man 10 years older, he'd be early forties.
    A man 10 years younger, early twenties.

But I'd pick the guy in his early forties, before the guy in his early twenties.
    A guy in his forties would be more likely to provide stability, than a younger guy. And for lots of other reasons, I prefer a mature mans face, to a boyish face, etc.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 26-01-11 at 07:33 PM.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I wouldn't guy(<- lol I leave this mistake here cause I think it's funny hahaha, but of course I meant "date" and not a "guy" ) younger guys... At least now, what ,should I date teenage school kids? Lol . I would first maybe thinking about dating younger guys if I'll be single and around 35-40. And now my bf is 6 years older than me, I think i'm in a perfect situation and have less worries
    I wazzzz here

It looks like females who prefer older guys just like guys in their late twenties or thirties, which seems to be the age most guys get some maturity inside their heads. Am I right about this?

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    It looks like females who prefer older guys just like guys in their late twenties or thirties, which seems to be the age most guys get some maturity inside their heads. Am I right about this?
    No, most of the responding ladies have been in their mid to late 20s. Females in their 30s who prefer older guys will want guys in their 30s and 40s. Females in their 40s who like older guys will be looking at 50s.

I was sure I would never date anyone younger than me. I dated one guy in high school who was a few months older, otherwise guys have been 1-9 years older. Now I a dating a guy 1 year younger than me and that doesn't make any difference at all.

I'm thinking you are right.

When a younger woman say in her early 20's, says she prefers an 'older' guy, she means a guy older than her but a guy in the late twenties/30's....she isn't meaning a guy in the 40'S. 50'S, ETC.....I don't think? lol

Because I'm in my 30's, an older guy and to me, is a guy in his 40's/50's......and that is even too old for me, lols

Seems like a reasonable conclusion. Most people wouldn't want to date people who are more immature than themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Take2 View Post
    No, most of the responding ladies have been in their mid to late 20s. Females in their 30s who prefer older guys will want guys in their 30s and 40s. Females in their 40s who like older guys will be looking at 50s.
    Umm... PP, Qwerty, ammi .. are in their early twenties, and they are the ones who said they prefer older guys.

So, if I'm right about that, it means females are attracted to maturity, doesn't it?

How does one become more mature then? Do I have to grow a beard and wear a monocle?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    When you are in your 40s, it's the men in their 30s that are hitting on you.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    When you are in your 40s, it's the men in their 30s that are hitting on you.
    Don't they hit on you when you are in your 30's too?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast