+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Not sure what this means???

Not sure what this means???

HEllo,

Need a male perspective on this one:

I have been with my boyfriend for almost 3 yrs, we have a pretty good relationship, very honest, great communication etc.
    Well my question is On Mothers Day he texts his ex wife Happy Mothers Day have a great day...now I asked him if he called her and wished her a hoppy Mothers Day..considering she is the mother of theri 6yr old son, he said no, but later I saw that he did, why would he tell me he didnt, ther are no secrets here, we all know abouut each other, no one is sneaking around, his son and I have a great relationship, so why would he say he didnt, just need a man's point of view.

Thank you

Hm... my gut reaction is he was afraid of you freaking out or something, in my opinion this a frequent reason why men lie about trivial matters to their women...

A man will always be connected to the mother of his child somehow, she is the woman he used to love, I presume, and they have a child together... I suppose if you reassure him you are cool with it, if you truly are, he shouldn't do it in the future...

Well considering I have never freaked out and me and the ex get along well, I think he was so used to this behavior before with his past woman that he sometimes forgets he can relax with me, much older and wiser than that..silly men

Quote Originally Posted by Sixpacj View Post
    Hm... my gut reaction is he was afraid of you freaking out or something, in my opinion this a frequent reason why men lie about trivial matters to their women...

A man will always be connected to the mother of his child somehow, she is the woman he used to love, I presume, and they have a child together... I suppose if you reassure him you are cool with it, if you truly are, he shouldn't do it in the future...
    This is the answer.

Yes....we are silly but it comes from having to deal with the overreactions and over thinking of women. Its easier to tell a lie then to deal with POTENTIAL Bullshit. BTW....how do you know he called his wife? Did you look at his phone without him knowing? If so, let it slide
    Last edited by surfhb; 16-05-12 at 03:49 AM.

Thanks for your post

I am not making a big stink, just seemed weird considering we are always so honest with each other, and actually I just happened to see it when he asks me to check who sent him a text on his phone. But I actually asked him before I saw the message, so I guess he just didnt realize, but it is fine. I am confident in our love..just wish sometimes men could let go of the past & the way another woman use to react to things, we are not all the same..some of us are actually pretty cool

Maybe he forgot, and did it after you asked him?
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Quote Originally Posted by MISTY514 View Post
    HEllo,

Need a male perspective on this one:

I have been with my boyfriend for almost 3 yrs, we have a pretty good relationship, very honest, great communication etc.
    Well my question is On Mothers Day he texts his ex wife Happy Mothers Day have a great day...now I asked him if he called her and wished her a hoppy Mothers Day..considering she is the mother of theri 6yr old son, he said no, but later I saw that he did, why would he tell me he didnt, ther are no secrets here, we all know abouut each other, no one is sneaking around, his son and I have a great relationship, so why would he say he didnt, just need a man's point of view.

Thank you
    You asked him if he called - he answered truthfully. He didn't call, he texted.

And quit snooping in his phone.

And like I said...saw it on accident after he asks me to check and see who called...so a snoop Im not..thank you very much.