+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He thinks he's all that

He thinks he's all that

Hey!

Imagine a guy, who thinks, sorry, knows he can get any girl he wants. He is selfconfident, charismatic, arrogant, good looking,... I'm sure you all met the type. How would you turn him down, and not just turn him down, also make him realise he is not all that, and not all girls fall for his carefully selected pick up lines. How to turn him down in a clever way, that shocks and confuses him?

Any comments, ideas, experience sharing welcome. Thank you.

Muhahaha I got nothing as of now but I hope you make him so confused. People like that annoy me. He sounds like a cerial dater.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think a simple "I'm sorry, you're just not my type," would do just fine.

The ony problem with turning down a guy with an ego like that, is that sometimes they will continue to pursue you to prove to themselves they can 'get' you in the end.

I've known a few such types. Annoying as hell.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't know why you feel the need to shock and confuse him if you really aren't interested. Are you sure you aren't interested?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

It doesn't matter whether i am interested or not. The whole story is very complicated, but the thing is, that my best friend is madly in love with him. That's why she doesn't see it, but he just toys with her. I think he discovered an exciting new project: "can i tear apart two best friends".
    His attitude bugs me sooooo much. Thats why I want to shock and confuse him.

I dont think you can do anything to these type of men. Theyre ego's are so inflated not even a pitchfork can break them. All you can do at this point is support your friend and easily not sugar coat it but let her know your concerns and drop it. Sometimes the only way to let her learn is let her do...I know its hard to stand back and watch it but you would only cause harm in your friendship if you always dog out this dog. You KNOW it will end, so just be there for her and dont tell her you told her so.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mucka
    It doesn't matter whether i am interested or not.

Yeah, I figured you were.

I think if your best friend is in love with him, you ought to stay away from him and not do anything that may come back and bite you in the ass.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

sounds to me you wanna do it just to make him feel bad and maybe play hard to get.. if you really dont like him thats all that needs to be said to think of a way to shock him would lead me to assume like i said u are playing hard to get and are concealing feelings for him.

Do what the anti drug people say "JUST SAY NO!"

King Zarathu Guest
    As to telling him you're not interested? That depends on how he asks... If it's something like "Hey! Why don't we go to the movies..." I don't think a "Hey! Why don't you go **** yourself..." would be really appreciated--but it could be, depending on his tone of voice.

As for your friend--she's ****ed.

I think he would find it shocking if you just gave him the same brush off you would give any guy you didn't want: Gentle but firm, with NO DRAMA. Why do you want to leave such an impression? That makes it all about him, and that's the root of the problem, isn't it?

i actually like guys who have those personalities that u described. they are fun to hang around with, TONS more outgoing than the typical guys. I have respect for them, and, well, to a degree i'm kinda like one. Although i haven't been that successful at the relationship department.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Off2College: Bad role models you're choosing there, my friend.

Guys like these have a tough time hooking up with 'nice' girls, because smart nice girls won't put up with their egotistic bullsh*t. There's a difference between outgoing and cocky. You can be outgoing and still be a nice down to earth guy who doesn't think he's God's gift to women.

Men like that just make me want to........ugh, kick them in the nuts so hard they can never procreate.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Mucka
    How to turn him down in a clever way, that shocks and confuses him?
    How about you say... "Hahaha, **** OFF DICKHEAD"
    *MaJiK*

There are not many things I fear in life, but disappointing you is my greatest.

I love you even with your flaws... I love you because of your flaws.

King Zarathu Guest
    I already said something like that in my post.. sarcastically.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast