+ Follow This Topic

Thread: met someone online....

met someone online....

I met someone in a chatroom.we've been keeping in touch for atleast 6 months now through text messages & of course through mails.he was very nice & sweet. he would be concerned if I have eaten my meals,checked if I'm fine,gave me moral support on my plans,etc...whenever we have our conversations,it is as if we've known each other for a long time.now,'he's asking me to a date,should I go or not?I made several excuses not to go out with him,but he keeps on insisting.I don't understand why I wouldn't totally open my heart on a new relationship,as if I'm afraid to something that I didn't know what it is.. =(

ask urself what does he know about u and what do u know about him....it can be risky biz....have u ever thought he was lying...even for a sec?

Are you interested in him romantically at all? Do you know how old he is, what he looks like, etc.? Do you talk to him every day or just once in a while? I think we might need a little more info.

Mainly, don't feel pressured to go out on a date with him or anyone, just because he wants to. You go out with people who have enough potential to be partners. Until you've found out if he has partner potential, why date him?

You do need to be careful with men you meet online. There are a lot of predator-types out there.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

so, someone is concerned about whether or not you've eaten your meals and now you think they're relationship material?

wow.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    ask urself what does he know about u and what do u know about him....it can be risky biz....have u ever thought he was lying...even for a sec?
    yes its so hard to know whether he's sircere or not.emotions can't be relayed & felt through the net.

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    Are you interested in him romantically at all? Do you know how old he is, what he looks like, etc.? Do you talk to him every day or just once in a while? I think we might need a little more info.

Mainly, don't feel pressured to go out on a date with him or anyone, just because he wants to. You go out with people who have enough potential to be partners. Until you've found out if he has partner potential, why date him?

You do need to be careful with men you meet online. There are a lot of predator-types out there.

he's 4yrs older than me.we had photo conference & saw each other.we chat everyday for atleast 2 hours coz he has a work then exchange text messages.I'm not very particular with his looks,its his personality & same interests that made me frequently check my chat account if he has left a message.

you're right there should be a very special something about him,like being a potential partner that must bossom before we trascend to the next level..

thanks for the concern & advice. =)

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    so, someone is concerned about whether or not you've eaten your meals and now you think they're relationship material?

wow.
    I don't think so..

well it feels good when you know someone cares for you but it doesn't mean that you (we) can make a relationship.