+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tipping = bat shit retarded.

Tipping = bat shit retarded.

Americans, take ur stupid custom of tipping and **** off home with it.

Stupid bloody tip jars and stupid bloody waitresses expecting MORE of MY damned money !

What the hell !

In europe they already add the tip to the bill. Don't know why the American way bothers you.

Dude most waiters are on shit money and rely on tips for extra money to get them through the week. I always tip no matter what, more especially if they did a good job. But quit hating man jeez, i'd like to see you do their job with assholes being dicks to you everyday. Where abouts in Aus do you live?
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body...

Quote Originally Posted by ransom_nite View Post
    Dude most waiters are on shit money and rely on tips for extra money to get them through the week. I always tip no matter what, more especially if they did a good job. But quit hating man jeez, i'd like to see you do their job with assholes being dicks to you everyday. Where abouts in Aus do you live?
    Bullshit man most waiters are stupid students studying stupid degrees that believe in global warming like 'arts' or they're hot chicks that are to lazy to get a real job I'll have you know they make heaps because of stupid people who tip.

This girl I used to know would work a 4 hours shift and make 50 bucks in tips ontop of her wage of $21 an hour so thats $33.50 an hour for doing nothing but hand out a few drinks. Probably because of poor idiots who think they're doing the right thing too, just keep your money for yourself.

That might be an exception but most are on shit money, it's like well known man and that's why they ask for tips. I find it's respectful to tip, but don't put others down for doing it, and don't hate on the tradition.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body...

That might be an exception but most are on shit money, it's like well known man and that's why they ask for tips. I find it's respectful to tip, but don't put others down for doing it, and don't hate on the tradition.
    Well if they don't like it they can work at Coles. Hospitality people are the biggest whingers. They never do any work either, and they get free food. Usually hot chicks and poofters who will whinge about everything.

Why should I care about the stupid waiter ? Do you care about the taxi driver ? Do you tip the kid working at Coles stacking shelves for $9 an hour.

Just cause you have a boner for the waiter or waitress doesn't mean it is smart to throw ur money way.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by HDM13 View Post
    In europe they already add the tip to the bill. Don't know why the American way bothers you.
    In which Europe? Because not in mine. In Poland they don,in Germany they don't,France and Spain neither. Only reason WHY bills are 2-3 euros higher is the fact that the prices in menus are without tax ,so You get the bill already with taxes plus, sometimes You pay for each person for a bread etc.
    Have You ever been in Europe that You say so?
    I wazzzz here

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I dislike tip jars, too. They only put them in places where they make you wait in line to place your order, whereas tipping used to be reserved for people who were actually waiting on you. I don't see how me standing in line qualifies them for a tip.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I leave the tips if the barman ,waiter etc were nice or if the food was really good. I don't even mind to say it straight to the chef. I think it's nice to hear something like that. But if somebody is waiting like they doesn't care then I don't even feel bad to leave without giving a tip.
    I wazzzz here

Most places here in Australia that I've been who ask for tips don't give any of that money to the waiters. It goes straight to the establishment. My ex worked in a couple of these places as a waitress, if she got tips (as in cash in hand), she was politely asked to give it to the place where she worked every time.

I think that's pretty wrong.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Uhh... yeah, either you pay 15% for the meal so the restaurant can afford to pay its staff or you give the cough the 15% over directly. It really makes no difference except you're able to reward and punish where necessary.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    Most places here in Australia that I've been who ask for tips don't give any of that money to the waiters. It goes straight to the establishment. My ex worked in a couple of these places as a waitress, if she got tips (as in cash in hand), she was politely asked to give it to the place where she worked every time.

I think that's pretty wrong.
    I had the same situation in Spain. Since it was a small restaurant/cafe , I didn't care how it looked like when I was telling to the clients that they shouldn't leave me tips because my bosses are taking it for themselves. Sometimes clients proposed to give it to me in secret. And if not, I was putting the tips into my pocket. I don't ****ing care, I got the tips for waiting nicely,not for their repulsive food which was from the freezer,made in a microwave . In about 4 weeks I got 50 euros (part time job) ,and actually if I would take everything I would have over 100 euros of tips. not bad

But I think the bosses who take away the tips for themselfes will eat their own crap in the future. What goes around,comes around.
    I wazzzz here

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wow, as a waitress previously it is exactly this bastard attitude that makes me want to throw your drink in your face.

Most waiters (that don't work in fancy high end resturants) make a measly $8/hr. We do rely on tips. And I worked damn hard to make you assholes happy. I'm a waitress, yes I have to serve you but I'm a person not a freggin' slave! If you snap your fingers at me I will ignore you. (This happens).

And do you know that when you get a $50 bill and you tip say 15% that's $7.50. Do you know that we have to tip out over 5% of our sales? Bet you didn't now did you? That means I walk with %10 if I'm lucky and everyone tipped me 15% which assholes like yourself are far to common to make walking with more than 8%.

Don't worry your assholeness and cheap ass whiny attitude make our lives hell just like tipping makes yours.

So while you might not like it that's how it's done over here so then don't come. When I go to whatever country I try my best to know if tipping is customary, or if burping is a compliment or rude. And I don't complain. It's a different place with different customs.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    Wow, as a waitress previously it is exactly this bastard attitude that makes me want to throw your drink in your face.

Most waiters (that don't work in fancy high end resturants) make a measly $8/hr. We do rely on tips. And I worked damn hard to make you assholes happy. I'm a waitress, yes I have to serve you but I'm a person not a freggin' slave! If you snap your fingers at me I will ignore you. (This happens).

And do you know that when you get a $50 bill and you tip say 15% that's $7.50. Do you know that we have to tip out over 5% of our sales? Bet you didn't now did you? That means I walk with %10 if I'm lucky and everyone tipped me 15% which assholes like yourself are far to common to make walking with more than 8%.

Don't worry your assholeness and cheap ass whiny attitude make our lives hell just like tipping makes yours.

So while you might not like it that's how it's done over here so then don't come. When I go to whatever country I try my best to know if tipping is customary, or if burping is a compliment or rude. And I don't complain. It's a different place with different customs.
    I made 8.50 an hour working in retail and nobody ever gave me a tip no matter how polite and attentive I was.

Yeah, I'll tip a waiters and waitresses according to their performance, but mostly because I don't want someone spitting in my food the next time I go there.

As for coffee shops and shit?

I won't tip for nothin'. There are some places that actually have a sign that says that a tip is required. F*ck that. If I'm going to tip at a place like that, I want to get moved to the front of the line, and have my ordered finished before anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I made 8.50 an hour working in retail and nobody ever gave me a tip no matter how polite and attentive I was.
    I worked retail (Circuit City) and one time this lady was so thrilled with me that she came back an hour later with a box of pizza and a carton of orange juice as tip.

The job itself was still a piece of shit though.

But George does have a point that it's messed up that you have to tip someone just so they'll do their job well.

But girl68 also has a point that waitresses (and bartenders especially) rely on tips for a huge proportion of their income. If you're gonna stiff your waitress or bartender, you might as well take money out of their wallet.
    Last edited by Sanctuary; 06-11-09 at 07:03 AM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast