+ Follow This Topic

Thread: too cute, friendly and nice a bad thing??

too cute, friendly and nice a bad thing??

My problem is that I know a few who have said that i am good looking, and i personally think I am myself as well. Most girls just say that im cute though. I think of that as most girls just want to be friends with me and think im cute but dont want to have a relationship or anything of the sort.I am not very shy in most occasions, and have an easy time talking to girls without being too scared or anything. I enjoy singing and rapping, and tons of girls think im amazing at it. I am in pretty good shape, i work out often but im not like super jacked. People think im pretty funny, and i get pretty average grades in all my classes.and i am pretty popular around school. I usually hang around with everybody, unlike most of my friends who pick a group and stick to it. I usually keep wandering from group to group. People think of me as like the nicest guy ever and im afraid thats my problem.

It seems like every time i want to try and get a girl, or get in a relationship, i either dont feel were close enough or know each other enough to start dating, or once i become friends with them, we become really good friends and they think of me as just a friend.I thought it was because i just wasn't flirty enough, but even when i am trying to flirt around, they think of it as im just kidding or something.

There is this girl that i am starting to like currently, and i have been talking to her over the last couple of days. We share a couple of common interests like theater, anime and music. She is not really one of those girls who is into flirting, or seems flirty at all. She is more of a good girl, and i am wondering, how can i start to get closer to this girl without becoming too good friends that we become just friends. Also stuff about signs that she likes me, when to ask her out, and other advice along those lines that could potentially help me with my situation would also be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by vegeta18 View Post
    She is more of a good girl, and i am wondering, how can i start to get closer to this girl without becoming too good friends that we become just friends. Also stuff about signs that she likes me, when to ask her out, and other advice along those lines that could potentially help me with my situation would also be greatly appreciated.
    So basically you're saying you're good looking, hella funny, damn cool, great shape, bold, the nicest guy ever, and a future platinum rap-artist and need basic advice on how to ask a girl out?

Sorry, I'd help you out but I'm nowhere near as cool as you.

sorry if that came off as me thinking im like really cool or better than everyone, i basically said that so you can understand my personality, and that im not like one of those insecure, shy guys who are bad or scared to talk to girls. Like theres so many times where im like OMG that girl is definetely "feeling me" or i want that chick, and i think i can get her, but it always fails.

Basically, the best advice I can give you to not be lumped into that "just a friend" category is this - Ask the girl out. On a date. Dinner. A movie. Something that is very date-specific. If you say, "Hey, I am heading over to John's brother's party, do you wanna come?" she could see it as just hanging out and not a serious attempt to date her. Make sure she knows you are interested in going on a date with her. It doesn't have to be big or flashy, just make sure she knows you are interested. And the ONLY way that she will be sure you are interested is if you tell her.
    Trust me, girls can be just as dense as guys when it comes to figuring out who likes them. Take a chance. It won't work all the time, but it should definitely get you out of the "friend-only" zone.
    Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Just make your move early, within the first couple weeks, if not sooner.