+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Please help me, please!!

Please help me, please!!

Today was my 7 month anniversary with my gf, she came to my house and sat on my bed like usual and i asked her what was wrong, and then she began to cry. She told me she can't be with me anylonger because we are of different religion and we have no future together. Her parents want her to marry an orthadox greek, i'm jewish/russian but not religious. We love each other so much and have been going 7 months strong. I cant imagine being without her, she is my first andonly love. She says it is very hard on her that i can't imagine, but she says doing this later in our relationship will be even harder. i pleaded with her and told her that i would be willing to change religion if need be(im not religious) but she said thats not good enough for her parents. She loves me so much and likwise and i just cant live with ending it and thinking about what could have been...I told her to let the relationship go and if it is meant to be then it will be, if we brake up because we just dnt see eye to eye anymore or we cant get along, then fine but i dont want to live my life wondering what could of been. She says she still wants to be friends and that we can talk about anything and that we could hang out, but i cant bare seeing her with another guy, when or if that happens.. Please help me i cant think straight and i love her so much, this just isnt fare and fyi im 18, please help.......

and btw this happened today..and she said to call her tomorrow to talk, should i even call or what should i do..

I don't know what to tell you . . .it sounds like you have TWO obstacles - religion and her parents. I don't know how to find the happy ending in this unless you can sit down with her parents and let them know you are serious enough about their daughter that you would be willing to convert. . .maybe that would convince them.

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by jslaughter
    I don't know what to tell you . . .it sounds like you have TWO obstacles - religion and her parents. I don't know how to find the happy ending in this unless you can sit down with her parents and let them know you are serious enough about their daughter that you would be willing to convert. . .maybe that would convince them.
    Thats what i told her,but she says her parents told her we are to young to know what love is