+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She's not coming back

She's not coming back

I dated my neighbor for a year (I still live with my parents) and the relationship got toxic, she broke up with me and I deserved it. I totally deserved it. But the fact that I deserved it makes it even worse for my ego.

She wants to be friends but obviously that's not a good idea.

HOW DO I MOVE ON?? I haven't even hit the anger stage yet, and I know the depression stage is going to be a bitch. I can't stop clicking her facebook profile.

Help.

De-friending her from FB and going complete NC is a start. Other than that keep busy and let the stages of grief play out as they are meant to. Yes it is going to be painful but you need to go through it to come out the otherside.
    DELETE EVERYTHING.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

You can be friendLY without being friends. As she's your neighbor I'd recommend it.

And yeah, de-friend her on FB. Explain why you're doing it first. Quit looking in her bedroom window with your binoculars, too.

haha about the binoculars. I defriended her. But I lost my virginity to her, switched from university to community college for her and just feel like this is going to destroy me for the year before I move away to university again. All I'm going to be doing is work and school, no time for friends and no girl to be my partner through it all. PLease give me something :OO

Quote Originally Posted by tjtigers14 View Post
    haha about the binoculars. I defriended her. But I lost my virginity to her, switched from university to community college for her and just feel like this is going to destroy me for the year before I move away to university again. All I'm going to be doing is work and school, no time for friends and no girl to be my partner through it all. PLease give me something :OO
    Learn from it. You basically changed your life/plans for her and now things haven't worked out you are upset. Moral of the story, maintain your own life even when you are in a relationship. Recognise that being in a relationship isn't the be all and end all of life. All relationships come to an end in some way.

What do you mean no time for friends? Do you mean if you had a partner to see you through all this you would have time for that? MAKE time for friends. Make time for activities outside of school and work. Take a proactive step in getting over this. The longer you dwell the longer it will take. Trust me. I have been through this many times. You will be ok.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!