+ Follow This Topic

Thread: i wrote a letter...

i wrote a letter...

i have a letter that i just finished writing and its my first letter to anyone, so i just need someone to read it for me and tell me how it sounds to them, preferrably a male.

the more i read it the more confusing and corny it sounds to me so i need some external opinion.

thank you.

"Well, I hardly ever write letters, but I think its definitely better than the usual email or IM in the way that it helps to make people feel closer. Hope you can read my crappy handwriting though. On another note, what I want to say in this letter is probably better said this way than online, because I dont want to pressure you or set a glum mood on things. This way, you can read it and have time to proccess it instead of just being forced to answer it right on the spot. When I think back, I realize I should have talked about this before you left, but you know how it was...there was so much on my mind and so many things I wanted to say but couldnt because I wasn't sure how. I guess you probably felt something similar, so that day was meant for enjoying the short time we had left rather than talking about serious stuff. (Again, I apologize for the bad grammar and mistakes..there will be more to come lol.)

So i guess I should get to it huh?
    I know we haven't been together that long, but during the short time I knew you I can honestly say that those were the happiest 2-3 months that I've had had in a while. You really changed me for the better (a name is placed here which i wont disclose). Its like I'm more happy now. Almost feels like I remember who I used to be: a happy, carefree, ambitious person. I dont think I ever got to tell you how grateful I am to have you in my life. We may not know that much about each other because I think we both have difficulty opening up to people, but the longer I know you the more I feel like I can tell you anything and I promise I will try to be less shelled up. I hope that in time, you can feel that way too. Just want you to know that I am going to give a 100% to making this work, no matter what happens and how far apart we are at the moment. You mean so damn much to me man, and I would really hate to lose you. I can't even imagine what that would be like.

I guess what I'm really trying to sai is I'm determined to make it through this with you and I want to know if you are too. Can you see us still being together in the near future? I just want to hear something from your heart. I know I think and worry too much, but I just want to hear your true thoughts about this. Some days I get this overwhelming feeling that this will never work out in the end because we are so far apart, but then I tell myself that if I want it to there's a bigger chance it will. I guess I need to know that this is as important to you as it is to me, that we're in on this together. Of course, nothing is determined but I think it might make us stronger if we both knew what we wanted out of this relationship early on.

Gosh...reading back through this I feel like throwing this letter away. I hope I didnt freak you out with all this seriousness lol...I dont know how else to tell you except than just to be purely honest, so I hope you understand that all I'm asking for is a piece of your mind to give me more hope. (CORNY) You can take all the time you need..just let me know somehow. It doesn't have to be a letter or anything fancy. Just tell me your real feelings about this.

Well, thats pretty much all I really wanted to ask of you...the rest of the things I want to say to you are mostly about how much you mean to me, soo..I don't want to bore you and make your eyes ache any longer. Hehe..just know that I'll be there for you at any time and will listen to anything you feel like telling me: be it random stuff or serious stuff lol...and I hope we stay together for longer, because you make me see the good in myself and life would feel alot emptier without you, much less funnier too hehe..

Anyway, forgive my horrible letter structure once again. I hope you're doing great and I wish you the best for the future. I'm always thinking of you, missing you, and hoping that we'll be together again soon. Until then, I just want to say I love you (name). ALOT ALOT hehe..more than all the cherry pies in the world and you know how much i love those haha. Just wish I could show you how much you mean to me in ways other than words, but its all we got for now right?..

HUGS and lots of kisses to you.
    (my name)"

thats the letter...please give me some feedback
    thank you for your time!

Quote Originally Posted by violetta View Post

thank you.

"Well, I hardly ever write letters, but I think its definitely better than the usual email or IM, in the way that it helps to make people feel closer. Hope you can read my crappy handwriting though. On another note, what I want to say in this letter is probably better said this way than online, because I don't want to pressure you or set a glum mood on things. This way, you can read it and have time to process it instead of just being forced to answer it right on the spot. When I think back, I realize I should have talked about this before you left, but you know how it was...there was so much on my mind and so many things I wanted to say but couldn't because I wasn't sure how. I guess you probably felt something similar, so that day was meant for enjoying the short time we had left rather than talking about serious stuff. (Again, I apologize for the bad grammar and mistakes..there will be more to come lol.)

So I guess I should get to it huh?
    I know we haven't been together that long, but during the short time I knew you I can honestly say that those were the happiest 2-3 months that I've had had in a while. You really changed me for the better (a name is placed here which i wont disclose). It's like I'm happier now. Almost feels like I remember who I used to be: a happy, carefree, ambitious person. I don't think I ever got to tell you how grateful I am to have you in my life. We may not know that much about each other because I think we both have difficulty opening up to people, but the longer I know you the more I feel like I can tell you anything and I promise I will try to be less shelled up. I hope that in time, you can feel that way too. Just want you to know that I am going to give a 100% to making this work, no matter what happens and how far apart we are at the moment. You mean so damn much to me man, and I would really hate to lose you. I can't even imagine what that would be like.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is I'm determined to make it through this with you and I want to know if you are too. Can you see us still being together in the near future? I just want to hear something from your heart. I know I think and worry too much, but I just want to hear your true thoughts about this. Some days I get this overwhelming feeling that this will never work out in the end because we are so far apart, but then I tell myself that if I want it to there's a bigger chance it will. I guess I need to know that this is as important to you as it is to me, that we're in on this together. Of course, nothing is determined but I think it might make us stronger if we both knew what we wanted out of this relationship early on.

Gosh...reading back through this I feel like throwing this letter away. I hope I didn't freak you out with all this seriousness lol...I don't know how else to tell you except than just to be purely honest, so I hope you understand that all I'm asking for is a piece of your mind to give me more hope. (CORNY) You can take all the time you need..just let me know somehow. It doesn't have to be a letter or anything fancy. Just tell me your real feelings about this.

Well, that's pretty much all I really wanted to ask of you...the rest of the things I want to say to you are mostly about how much you mean to me, soo..I don't want to bore you and make your eyes ache any longer. Hehe..just know that I'll be there for you at any time and will listen to anything you feel like telling me: be it random stuff or serious stuff lol...and I hope we stay together for longer, because you make me see the good in myself and life would feel a lot emptier without you, much less funnier too hehe..

Anyway, forgive my horrible letter structure once again. I hope you're doing great and I wish you the best for the future. I'm always thinking of you, missing you, and hoping that we'll be together again soon. Until then, I just want to say I love you (name). A LOT, A LOT hehe..more than all the cherry pies in the world and you know how much Ilove those haha. Just wish I could show you how much you mean to me in ways other than words, but its all we got for now right?..

HUGS and lots of kisses to you.
    (my name)"
    Started correcting it for you. It might just be me, but I think spelling and grammar is very important. The stuff in blue you should be getting rid of, don't say bad things about yourself as it will impact on his opinion you.

All in all I think you might be coming on too strong, it is possible that he might feel backed into a corner with a letter like this. But more background information would be needed to judge the letter properly.

thats exactly what im afraid of...makin him feel too pressured by it...

well, we have been together for 3 months before he had to leave to the US for studying and now he has to stay there for 6 months and i m feeling really worried about this situation...i told him i loved him kinda early on and he said it back and we have had a really good relationship which seemes like it culd have lasted for a long time if he didnt leave..i dont doubt him i just want some sign from him that he cares as much as i do..cuz we hardly talk about this sort of stuff..mostly cuz i dont know how to bring it up without coming on too strong like u said...
    i jsut know that long distance wont work if we re not both determined to make it work.

is there any advice or anyway u can help me correct this letter?

thank you for the help you have already provided

like...maybe u can point out what else to get rid of...or add

Can you see us still being together in the near future?
    This question.... I would suggest taking out... Maybe he wouldn't feel pressured by this question, but to me this one sentence stuck out. What your feeling is understandable and fine, but asking about the future can create a certain level of apprehension.... Just my thoughts. It depends on the guy though.

Cute letter though, it should make him smile.

Before any of us can intelligently advise you, we need to know the nature of your realtionship with this guy.

Carl.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I wouldn't send a letter like this. Its for catharsis, right? So just make it a journal entry. You will only regret sending this.

Words you speak are gone with the wind, but words you write are forever.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh