+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Probably Won't Be Online Much Longer...

Probably Won't Be Online Much Longer...

Or have access to any other luxuries for that matter.

I know I am just a a set of words to a bunch of you on here (possibly all)... but I have no other outlet as I am completely friendless now, isolated, and trying my best not to cry. So forgive me, if I take up too much space.

Been trying to keep myself distracted all day... but my mind is built to focus and try to solve problems... so it always comes back to this.

Last night, my Mom said she wanted to pack up everything she has and go live with a friend in Alabama. This would leave me in a terrible state -- I don't have a job... I don't have a roommate anymore... and I barely have enough money to eat off of. I asked her to reconsider and she told me to go to hell.

This morning I went to talk with the manager... requesting another apartment to paint. She wanted to discuss the outstanding balance on my lease contract. I told her I thought with all the painting the balance would be taken care of. She told me I owed money on the apartment I'm in now as well as the apartment my Mom was living in. Needless to say, I was dumbfounded... I told her the second apartment was my Mom's... so I can't be held responsible for that. She matter-of-factly told me that both leases were in my name. I asked to see a copy of the lease contracts... on one of them, my name was forged. I calmly stepped out... made my way to the car... drove off and screamed along with the radio for a bit.

When I got home, I looked for all my important paperwork, but could not find the title for the car. My social security card and debit cards are missing as well.

Now I look over my life... I can't get into college until I can get the mess straightened out that my ex left me in, even if I got a job today, by the time I got paid I'd lose the apartment anyway, it will be harder to get a lease at another apartment complex with this on my record, I'll have to file for a lost title as soon as I can, any job I do get won't make enough money to pay rent, food, and gas here in Dallas. I guess she finally got her wish... I am completely and utterly destroyed...

I think I'm going to puke...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh my Gosh, I'm really sorry for You....I don't know what to say...
    I wazzzz here

How come you can't find a job?

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    or first you can sue them both for forgery.
    Last edited by Sonrisa; 30-04-09 at 04:04 AM.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Man that really sucks. Sorry Aeradalia

Oh, my God.

First of all, you are NOT just a bunch of words. You're one of my very favorite people here and I will miss you and await your return.

You have to move in with your dad. You just have to. College can wait until you pull this all together. You can do this. Weaker people have made it through worse, and you'll come out of this on the other end intact (if a bit scarred).

Your ****ing mother...well, best if I don't finish that sentence. Her punishment is that she's a rotten person and she will always have to live with herself while you get to move farther away from her with every step.

This is about the worst it's going to be. If I were in Dallas, I'd bring over a six-pack and help you pack up your stuff. As it is, just take my best wishes and buck up, little camper!

Hey Sonrisa, you have any more of that "family forever" shit to tell her now? Her mother forged her name and stole her ID. How do you fit that in with your philosophy?
    Spammer Spanker

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i would sue the manager for allowing that to happen, give mom an ultimatum about filing a police report for stolen identity, but family is forever. i think that this country gives us so many opportunities to handle things in the least harmful way and also protects us as much as no other country in world. you have to be able to gather yourself and use all methods possible to get your life back.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

**** it. If my family member stole my social security card and forged my name, I don't care WHO it is, they'd never get another chance to stab me like that. If my mom did that, she's still be my mom but she's never be inside my house ever again. Never.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    How come you can't find a job?

I can find another job Doppel... I've only been without one for about a week. However, this damn painting has been taking up so much of my time. Stayed in an apartment till 9:00 pm last night, just painting. I bring the laptop with me and take a few breaks (kind of a reward thing... work a little, then log on for a bit). I've put in applications online, but haven't heard anything back yet. And the Texas Workforce Commission website is a ****ing joke.

However, if I don't have a place to stay, then it makes it hard to keep a job. If I don't have a job, it makes it hard to find a place to stay. I don't have any friends or family here in Dallas. This was my ex's 'neck of the woods'... not mine.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I can't believe your mother would do such a thing to you. That's just ****ing evil.

You'll come out of this okay, although it may not seem like it now. Just keep at looking for a job, don't give up hope. I'm not going to say don't be upset, because I would be in your position, just don't let it consume you. Push through it. I would cut contact with your mother for awhile as well.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Oh, my God.
    You have to move in with your dad. You just have to. College can wait until you pull this all together. You can do this. Weaker people have made it through worse, and you'll come out of this on the other end intact (if a bit scarred).

I am making arrangements with my Dad... he said his door is always opened. The job opportunities there are very limited... but the cost of living is a little better, I suppose. I might reconnect with some old friends there, and see if they'd like to roommate. Probably live down there for a while, have a roommate take an interest in the Dallas colleges, both of us have jobs lined up, and then possibly move back to Dallas (as I know the area rather well... and the job opportunities are just better than some podunk town).

I can recover from this... I'm just slowly reeling from the effect all of this has had on me.

As for my bf... I've pretty much told him to pay attention to his own tasks at hand... He can resume his job in Dallas... no need for him to 'come rescue me'... Besides, situations like this are a poor reason to rush a relationship along. I would much rather be in a more stable position before 'taking the next step' with him. Hell... I might be forced to have to leave him behind... just like my belongings here in this apartment.

I will pack up a few of my belongings (what I can fit in my car), along with my cat... and probably just sneak out. It's a shitty way of doing things... but I feel like I have no other choice.

I need time to get my shit together... get my head together... and finally get my life back on track. So far, two people have sidetracked me for the better part of 6 years. God, I'm going to be 25 this year... and I'm not closer to achieving my dreams than I was when I got out of high school --- further, in fact.
    Last edited by Aeradalia; 30-04-09 at 05:56 AM.

- James Allen

Wouldn't filing one of the lease contracts as being fraudulent mean that you would be absolved of paying the outstanding balance on it? At least while the investigation is underway.

Personally I'd call your mother's friend in Alabama and tell her what's happened and what your mother's done, sure it doesn't help your situation but she would deserve it and ensure that shit like this isn't something you can expect to get away with.

Good luck.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, I would definitely fight that fraudulent lease agreement. I mean, wasn't the building manager THERE when it was signed? Is she honestly going to sit there and tell you she SAW you sign documents that you didn't.

Oh hell no, you need to fight that.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Well **** your mom. Never help that selfish bitch again.

aera i can understand that you don't want to lose your connection to your family and mom, it would kill me too if that happened me. i think you need to let your mom move out of your life for a while and be thinking about yourself only. let her go. you can always get back friends with her again. you can't choose your family but i also realise it's very hard to let go of family no matter what they have done.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast