+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Needing Advice Bad!!!!!

Needing Advice Bad!!!!!

Ok here is the deal. I met this girl two months ago that I have clicked with unlike any other girl I have ever clicked with before. We exchanged numbers and began dating a week later. For a solid month I felt that I had finally found a relationship that was to be meaningful and fulfilling. I was happy everytime I was around her, which was about 6 out of every seven days of the week. I saw no signs of any frustration with the relationship from either of us. Now, she is 27 and I am 24 and we have opposite politcal view, but on every other aspect of the relationship we were on the same page. After three weeks of this, we were a little tipsy and I told her I loved her. She said that even though it was on the tip of her tongue as well, she wish I hadn't said it yet, and that she hoped its ok if she didnt say it back. Well another two weeks went by and our relationship was as if it hadn't skipped a beat. Then one night out of the blue, she said she had doubts. She expressed feelings about our differences and said she needed to step back and think about things.
    Three days later she called me and began small talk. I wanted to talk about things so I asked her what was going on. She said she didn't know and thats why she needed time. She felt we were too different and that maybe she didn't want to be exclusive. Anyway at the end of the conversation we agreed to try again and just go slower. It was easy to do because she has to travel for her job 3 months out of the year during the weekdays, so I would only see her on weekends. This travel began this same week. So for the next three weeks everything was fine and she would call me and then we would do things on the weekend. Now I was a little guarded during this and wasn't allowing myself to act as I normally do.
    Then, out of the blue, last Wednesday she sent me an e-mail to dump me saying that she just doesn't have those feelings and I am not the right thing for her right now. She expressed that other guys are interested in her but she has no inclination to date any of them. Two days later I had another situation come up within my circle of friends and sent her message saying that I understand our differences and said we are still cool and could she please give me some advice on my new situation. So she called me immediately and I explained it to her and she counseled me. After that, we talked about ourselves and I explained that I wasn't exactly being myself lately because I didn't want to mess up the relationship. I expressed to her that maybe we went so fast that we were unable to build a friendship along with our relationship, and that maybe we should give that a try. She loved the idea and started crying and saying that she has never met anyone who is so good-hearted and kind, so she decided to go along with it.
    At the end of the conversation, she asked me if I would like to go run errands with her and I said sure, so we ran errands and felt completely at ease. An hour after we finished running errands, she called to thank me for doing this and being such a kind person and that it meant alot. The next day, this past Saturday, she called me 4 more times just to check in and talk, and then called me 5 times on Sunday while I was dealing with my other situation to see how things were going. Our conversations were so great, we talked about emotions and life, and it seemed as if there had never been a break-up.
    Monday morning she e-mailed me to see how I was doing and then called me later that night just to talk. Once again our conversation was wonderful, we talked about everything except for our own relationship.
    Once again today, we have had an ongoing e-mail chat.............I want to know if anyone could give me insight on what is going on in her head, and how I should play this situation. She has to know I have strong feelings for her, yet she calls just as frequently or even more so than she did during our relationship. Is this typical? Is she still thinking about things. She did mention to me that she doesn't know anymore if she wants what she thought she did growing up. She says she doesn't know what she wants. However, she hasn't alluded to getting back together yet. I just find it strange that she still contacts and confides in me at such a rapid rate. Whats going on?

Thanks

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ok, you told her yourself that things were going fast and you thought it would be best to work on the friendship part of your relationship....so thats whats happening. You both took a step back from being in a relationship together and are now just friends. That probably took alot of the pressure off of her and she seems to like you as a friend right now.

Honestly the ball is in her court now. You told her how you feel and she knows it....and you know that she wants to take things slow. So the best thing to do is just to keep hanging out....no pressure....and let her figure out what she wants. In the meantime though....keep your options open. Don't dwell on her getting back together with you. But that option is always there.....don't push it and don't rush it. Its her call now... Let her make that decision...

But please don't wait around forever.....cuz honestly she may surprise you and tell you that she thinks of you as only a friend. Just enjoy the time you have together as friends and see where it goes from there. Good luck!
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....