+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: depression

depression

what are your veiws on depression?
    Are you depressed and what or who made you depressed
    what are ways you feel help people with depression

these are some question i like to ask whoever reads this if you can please post with ya answer and alittle more if you know anything else about depression
    why or why was i born into this world that is what i ask myself over and over again, for many of years i have wonder why no one under stands me then i meet you, you looked into my eyes and toke all my problem away with only one little kiss. why do i feel this way why do i feel so calm, then i know it was beause of you.

I love you lauren
    may all our hopes and dreams come true

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The way I see it, depression is one of the most extreme forms of selfishness.

You stop caring about everything else but you and your problem even if it hurts those around you.

That's why if I ever catch myself becoming depressed, I try to pull out as quickly as possible.

What Frasbee says is true about situational depression, but clinical depression is a chemical disorder which requires medication to control.
    Last edited by shh!; 03-06-05 at 02:37 AM.

I was diagnosed with depressing and Social Anxiety almost 4 or 5 years ago. Got rid of the depression (somewhat, until recently), but the anxiety is constantly with me.

No one in peticular made me depressed. Actually depression & SA are somewhat genetically linked. Most of my family has had it at one point. I just kept getting worse & worse over time till it hit me hard with constant panic attacks.

Medication, Therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy are all good things to help battle depression.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

I think I'm depressed.

I no longer find joy in anything anymore. I never want to do anything because I'm always so depressed. I've snapped at my family and my friends for no reason at all.

Ever since my girlfriend broke up with me about 8 months ago, I've been like this. I figure if I had a girlfriend I would be happy, but whenever I have a girlfriend, I constantly worry about everything. When I'm going to call her...what we're going to talk about...wondering if she's cheating on me...those types of things.

Now that I think about it, I'm always worried about something. I'm never relaxed. It's always something new. I hate it. I always get nervous around people, too. I don't know why, but I do.

I just want all of this to end...

Tiger: Yes, you do seem to have symptoms of depression. I would deffinitly suggest going to your doctor and having a long chat.

Until then, forums have always been a great place for support. Here are a couple specifically for depression. Take a look around.
    [url]http://www.depression-forums.com/[/url]
    [url]http://www.depressionforums.org/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi[/url]

Evil School!!
    -Fawn

Well about a year ago, I fell into depression of toooo much going on....
    My girlfriend left me, Expelled from school, and everything that could go wrong went wrong.....

Btw,
    Things are awesome now, the depression lasted like 2 months

Quote Originally Posted by Fawn
    I was diagnosed with depressing and Social Anxiety almost 4 or 5 years ago. Got rid of the depression (somewhat, until recently), but the anxiety is constantly with me.
    same with me, ask your doctor or somebody about taking Lexapro, i took it for about 2 years, and worked
    20 M

Well, it is pretty depressic when you one day discover that you are stupididly late with everything and you realize that you might never see your love again... At least I am depressed because of that, right now, pretty dam hard! I just want to screw everything and kill myself. It just so painful.
    And summer is coming... It's getting pretty lonely.
    Last edited by boobaa; 04-06-05 at 02:15 AM.

it's a sad hole of self-pity.. jump out of it and let's go dancing. give us a call.
    "Ogres are like onions."

I have had depression before. For about 4 years I suffered from it. It isnt something you can just hop out of once youre in it. It is a mental disease that some people do have from genetics.
    I think we as humans forget that everything that we do is controlled by our brain. Our heart just keeps us pumping. For example, the frontal lobe controls what makes us human. If we were to lose that, we would act like an animal. No account of wrong and right. Our brains are organs! They sometimes are hurt and need to be healed. Certain places in the brain though can not be healed. Permanent brain damage.
    Anyhoo, with depression that certain part of the brain may have an imbalance of chemicals. In order to have those balanced you can take medication or get counseling and be "talked" out of it persay.
    ~Sarah~

Tan.. I've been so drugged up, I am my own personal pharmacy. I'm constantly tired from medications, but not enough to effect my day.

Evil School!!
    -Fawn

Depression is a mood do to events or circumstances...it is NOT a desease like some psychonuts(psychologists) would like you to believe.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Clinical depression is not treated by psychologists, but rather psychiatrists (who has an additional degree in medicine and is a "REAL" doctor in addition to a psychologist) because it is caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain. There is a hereditary factor, and the depression is chronic with no apparent "cause". It is very real. It is also (which may have already been mentioned) genetically linked to all kinds of anxiety disorders such as OCD, panic attacks, etc.

That being said, I think a lot of people choose to wallow in their depression and are NOT clinically depressed, but rather enjoy the sympathy and attention they gain from being sad. It gives them a warped sense of power.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast