+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is kindness over-rated these days or something

Is kindness over-rated these days or something

I don't really need advice...just opinions.

What is it with relationships among teens...the majority of people I see are...well, making idiots out of themselves, making bad decisions.

Am I just messed up, un-ordinary, is it weird to actually treat your girlfriend with respect, actually care for her, actually listen to her, is it weird to just curl up together, no funny business, just the feeling of being with each other?

Quote Originally Posted by jorgebryson View Post
    Am I just messed up, un-ordinary, is it weird to actually treat your girlfriend with respect, actually care for her, actually listen to her, is it weird to just curl up together, no funny business, just the feeling of being with each other?
    Sorry you are not un-ordinary or special. There are plenty of guys that treat there girlfriends with respect. There are plenty of girls that don't even give their boyfriends time of day. Pigeon-holing everyone as disrespectful assholes is not cool :p

People make idiots of themselves and make bad decisions because they are people. We are damn far from being perfect, and we all handle things differently.

I didn't mean that EVERYONE is an idiot, just based on what I see in my day...then again, I see a lot of immature teens (at leas...they act immature)...that may have something to do with it.

Thanks anyway, just nice knowing that I'm not the only one who actually cares
    Last edited by jorgebryson; 06-07-10 at 04:16 PM.

How old are you? Do you go to high school? College?

High school, currently a Sophomore

is it weird to actually treat your girlfriend with respect, actually care for her, actually listen to her, is it weird to just curl up together, no funny business, just the feeling of being with each other?
    Why would you treat someone you claim to care about, any other way?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Aww, cut the kid some slack, and validate what he is saying... Of course he is seeing high school kids act like immature idiots. Lots of them DO. I wouldn't want to go through high school again... it was the most miserable time of my life.

Jorge - yes, there is a lot of immaturity in high school. That's because it is filled with kids that are trying to grow up, and everyone takes a different path. Unfortunately, not everyone is even successful in the end.

An interesting fact about high school kids is that their brains are still under construction.... they go through a significant increase in grey matter in the early teen years, and then through process called "pruning", during which "clutter" is removed. Their brains aren't really finished developing until sometime in their early 20s. Incomplete brain function leads to impulsive, antisocial behaviors.

Maybe your brain is just more complete than your peers?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I'd hate to go back to my teens also. Gawd, wish I'd known then, what I know now. Unfortunatley, we get no rehearsal in life.

Quote Originally Posted by jorgebryson View Post
    High school, currently a Sophomore
    Only two more years left until you finally head to college, where you'll find more likeminded people. Its true, High Schoolers are little monsters, I avoid them at all costs. College, sure there is still immaturity there, but I would be say its an entirely different ball game. ... At least, from my experience :/ I do come from a technical institute, which isn't by any means considered a party school, other schools are very different.

I've seen the same thing. It seems to me that high school kids are treating each other much worse than they did when I was in high school. It seems acceptable to just use and abuse your bf or gf any more. I blame the media.
    Spammer Spanker

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Most teens are raging bags of hormones that are dating so they can get physical and feed their urges. Either that, or it's for social status. It doesn't always occur to them that the other person in the pairing is actually a person with feelings that need to be considered.

There are exceptions. I had a phenomenal bf in high school, but he was definitely not the norm, and that was 13 years ago.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

My high school was full of pompous douches, so yea I'm not a fan of High School. I had only one relationship in high school that I consider actually counted, but by in large, High School relationships are silly and don't mean all that much :/