+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I deal with my boyfriend's ex-wife?

How do I deal with my boyfriend's ex-wife?

How do I deal with my boyfriends ex wife? They have NO kids together, but she insists on trying to stay in contact. She has never been nice to me and she has tried anything and everything to try and stop him from being with me for the last three years. We've had our ups and downs and break ups... Mainly because of her. My boyfriend and I recently moved to another state, away from her. Since we've moved, she's been sending him random emails and texts about once a week... saying that she misses him, sending him random iphone videos, telling him happy birthday, and the latest.. pictures of their wedding. My boyfriend hasn't responded to any of them at all, but she still keeps it up. I know he could have stayed with her but he chose to be with me and it's going to stay that way, but, she drives me crazy and enough is enough. I just want her to leave us alone. Should he tell her to stop? Or should we just ignore her and hope that she get's the point?

I know its tough on you, but first you have to let your husband know how you feel about it. Then ask him what HE wants to do about it.

Because you have no relation to her it'd be bad if you tried doing anything especially since she doesnt like you. Maybe tell him to change his email and phone number.

Dont FORCE him. Especially if he still wants to keep in contact with her. You wont like it- but if you love him you got to bear it.

I hope it all works out. Give it your best <3

His ex-wife is acting inappropriately. He moved away to get away from her, yet he's still allowing her to contact him? What's the point in moving away then?

He's not doing enough to disassude her from contacting him. Tell him this is unacceptable to you, and that he needs to put his foot down.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

This isn't an ex-wife problem. It's a boyfriend problem. Tell him to fix this shit.
    Spammer Spanker

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree with Giga. If he didn't really want her to contact him, he'd put in a lot more effort. He needs to fix this.

My ex-husband's gf talks shit about me all the time b/c we talk, albeit about nothing special at all. Funny thing is, it's him phoning me not vice versa. The only reason I haven't blocked him is that he owes me money. Silly boys.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi