+ Follow This Topic

Thread: // Before Third Date, She Tells Me She Is No Longer Single?? Confused.

// Before Third Date, She Tells Me She Is No Longer Single?? Confused.

So I met this girl at a volunteer club last month. We instantly clicked and it was clear she was very interested in me (eye contact, giggling, smiling, asked for my number etc.) She seemed to me she as a very polite and adorable girl. Within two weeks, we went on two dates, she'd reply to my texts instantly, send me cute and flirty texts, and say yes instantly whenever I asked her out.

We got to know each other much better and she even invited me back to her house after our date. As she seemed to me a more reserved type of girl, we didn't have sex, but there was a lot of flirting ie. she let me touch her hair, her hand...etc. To me, it was very clear we were dating and not just "hanging out" as normal friends. I paid for dinner, took her home. etc. (Girls don't usually invite guys to their houses after a dinner date without any romantic intentions right?)

I asked her out a third time, and she said yes right away. I offered to cook at her place this time and she seemed enthusiastic. We were both super busy so didn't text for a few days.

On third date-day morning, after a few light texts she told me that she was no longer single now and that she met a new guy last night. However, she said she was still free to meet me at night but I ended up turning it down as I was shock and honestly upset, though I did not voice this. She was quite nonchalant about it which surprised me. Just me, or it doesn't make sense for me to cook for her at her place alone, right after she told me she is in a relationship right?

One explanation can be that I'm just a normal friend, but to me I'm definitely not that type of friend and we don't even know each other that well to be friendzoned. I only ever texted her to set up dates and she always seemed like a honest/sincere person. Or maybe I wasn't direct enough I guess, but it seemed to me we were flirting clearly.

Thing is, I have 0 interest being a "side guy". And honestly, my pride is a bit hurt. This was not a girl I was only interested in sleeping with and felt we could have been something more, but maybe I was just naive, as I admittedly don't have too much dating experience.

---

If she is in a relationship now, 1. Why would she feel the need to tell me and 2 why would she still be interested in meeting with me one-on-one at her house next day for dinner?

It's been a few days and she hasn't text me since. I will see her tomorrow. Should I cut contact with/ignore her or confront her about it?

How can she been in a relationship when she was freely going on dates with you? You don't meet a person one night and magically are in a relationship next day, she is lying to you probably about this. Only reasons I can think is maybe she wants to date this new person and see where it goes, or wants to let you down in that odd way and assumes you'll go away and not question it or a third reason she was in a relationship whole time. I'd put her on the spot and question her, and look for holes in her story, if never comes of that move on. Be with someone who wants you.