+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BF's dog attacked me!!! HELP!!!!

BF's dog attacked me!!! HELP!!!!

I have been attacked by my bf's dog two different times. He keeps saying he will put him down but today the truth came out. He doesn't want to. We had been talking about moving in together and now i dont want to because I would have to live with this dog also. When I told him that he said we would just wait to move in together, marry, or anything til this dog dies. Well the dog is two years old so it could be anywhere from 10-12 years before that will happen. am i being selfish when i want him to get rid of the dog so we can be together? what should i do??? is it right that he chose this dog over me when he says that he loves me? HELP!!!!!!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't think you are being selfish at all. No way should anyone put a dog that bites ahead of a human being. First it is you, then it will be a small child that the dog attacks. If your boyfriend doesn't see this, I wouldn't even consider living together. There may be liability issues when this dog attacks someone else. In fact, I wouldn't even want to go to his house so long as the dog is there.

Your boyfriend has told you through his actions that this dog is more important to him than you or anyone else is. Are you really going to be okay with that?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

King Zarathu Guest
    You're going to take that shit? Ooh............

poison it.

eh, but seriously, I understand he's attached to his dog, (what kind of dog is it?) but he's being plain stupid. That dog needs to be put down or at least put somewhere where it's not endangering the public. (edit: I suppose he's torn between you and the dog. And he doesn't want to have to kill it. When you say it attacked you, what do you mean? did it bite you?)

We (my family) have a big dog (doberman) but he's a giant teddy bear at heart. When he was a puppy we trained him that biting is not okay, and that he comes last in the food chain. To be honest your BF doesn't strike me as a responsible person, based on this story.
    Last edited by Tiay; 02-07-06 at 09:17 AM.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Whoa, this doesn't sound right........ like his dog is more important than you. Sorry, but you need to let him go. He's willing to wait out the entire lifetime of a stupid dog to be with you? I don't know how you can't find that inexcusably insulting.

I'd be like "Have a nice life with just you and your dog, dickhead. Bye!"
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

It is a australian sheperd/terrier mix. it started just growling and snapping at me and then the dog bit me twice. once on the shoulder and another time on the wrist. when he bit me on the wrist it left ugly bruising and a sore wrist. so this has just got me so upset bc he has chosen to keep the dog and put off our life for it. and i dont understand. he says he loves me....

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't know, even if he chooses to get the dog trained, I think there's a deeper issue here: the fact that the dog comes first over his gf. Fixing the dog doesn't fix THAT problem.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Maybe he is sexually involved with the d... ah nevermind.

Yeah but you guys aren't consideing his attachment, he's not putting the dog ahead of her, did you ever consider the fact that putting down a 2 year old dog maybe something he has a lot of difficulty with?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    OF COURSE. It's not an easy thing to put down a pet, obviously, but he doesn't HAVE to put it down....there are other options.

I understand connections to pets (I loved my cats like family members), but if say, my bf was allergic to my cat and it was a case of me giving the cat away or losing him, well..........we just need to be realistic here. I wouldn't leave my bf over a cat. And this guy shouldn't be put his dog before his gf. That's the point.

sometimes with dog slike this its easier to give them away to a person who has a farm
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

yeah and they are big dogs too! they need room to run and be free to chase the sheep? yep sheep. Germans are great dogs and very protective. Cant have a dog biting people.
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

what kind of dog is it?

your boyfriend could be nice and help you get the dog to be submissive to you. just get that dog on his belly, stand over him and tell him that you are the boss. i've had to do it, it's only hard the first time. (i had to do this to my 150 mastiff.)

(btw, yes i am ending my embargo on lf.)
    Last edited by misombra; 04-07-06 at 06:44 AM.

What were the circumstances of the bites? Were you wrestling around with your bf? Could the dog have possibly thought it was protecting his master? If so, some training might be the answer.

If the dog aggressively bit you, it ought to be put down, and you need to seriously ask yourself how your bf ended up with an aggressive dog. Whether through actively training it to be like that or neglecting it's training, it is your boyfriend's fault that his dog is a biter. He sounds like a substandard bf.

he doesn't need to be put down for that. he needs an owner that's going to train him properly. your boyfriend sounds like he shouldn't be having a dog. if he won't train his dog to not bite you (which is very possible) then you shouldn't be living with him dog or no dog.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast