+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Strange Love Triangle...or is it? HelP!

Strange Love Triangle...or is it? HelP!

During my third year in college, there was a new guy in school who instantly became my friend. We became close, even to the point of being cuddly with each other To add to that, he's really affectionate with me. (He'd hug me, play with my hair, and compliment me a lot.) He's also really observant with my moods and he knows when I like something or not.

He even calls me at night to have a three-way with my other guy friend and he'd do really nice things and go out of his way for me.

I was really starting to see him in a different light when on the following year, there was a new girl in school. She also became my close friend and she later confessed to me that she liked my guy friend.

She's very attractive and she was perisistent with him. They went out a lot and later on, they became a couple. During those times, it was alright with me, because I was not the sort to go and ruin a relationship.

But after several months, he sort of changed. He has become more arrogant and he's no longer the guy he used to be. He used to hug me whenever we'd see each other in the hall way, but now, he no longer does. I understand that having a girlfriend changes things between friends, but then it seemed just so abrupt and strange.

I let that all pass and after several months again, there is a sudden shift (he and girl are still together) and now, he's affectionate with me (but not around his girlfriend). He puts his arm around my shoulder and even winks at me sometimes. Funny thing was, when they were still dating, he gave me a kiss on the cheek. I don't know if he's just really happy...

He calls me his sister, but I really don't know what to think. Maybe I'm just paranoid. I don't want to confront him (I really have no intention), because of our friendship and my friendship with his gf.

Can you please give me your thoughts? Thanks...

I think he does see you as a sister. All my guy mate's do that it's just the way he is maybe he noticed that he had been leaving you out and he just want's to show you he is stil there for i could be wrong lets see what others say.
    Life is like a dick. When things get hard, **** it.

well probably see's you as a sister typei think that he might like you more than a freind and is staying with his current gf ebcause he isent sure waht you want youa re going to have to be upfront with him thats all i can suggest

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Who cares what he is thinking? He is unavailable. Are you hoping for more than friendship?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Miss hotty View Post
    I think he does see you as a sister. All my guy mate's do that it's just the way he is maybe he noticed that he had been leaving you out and he just want's to show you he is stil there for i could be wrong lets see what others say.
    I agree. The reason her probably stopped doing it for a while was probably because he was in a new reletionship. People tend to drop their friends for the 1st few months of a reletionship because they want to spend as much time with that person getting to know them as they can.
    [url]http://honeysplayground.ecrater.com/[/url]

[url]http://www.lplace.ecrater.com/[/url]

[url]http://www.marykay.com/lisa.page/default.aspx[/url]

IMO, I think he likes you or at least he did at some point. Two good friends of mine became really close and then they eventually grew apart, as we all do. Come to find out, he liked her sophomore year and she liked him junior year but by senior year everyone was busy thinking about other things and it didn't matter anymore. Just savor your friendship for now b/c like someone said before, he is unavailable right now and even if he wasn't you still have to deal with the fact that he dated a mutual friend. In a few years or maybe even months it won't matter, and the degrees of seperation will have leveled the field.
    iz wat it iz