+ Follow This Topic
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: long distance relationships

Bump my favorite thread.

Okay, LDR people- I need help. How do I deal with the fact that I am finding myself with an exponential increase in desire to be with my bf as time goes by? I used to just miss him, and talking to him on the phone every couple of days was so sweet.

Now I talk to him every day and I am finding myself getting actually pissed off that I won't see him for another twelve days. How did I turn into such a greedy asshole? It feels like his physical presence is something I require to be nourished. I think I'm addicted to the endorphins that get released when I'm with him. Should I self-medicate? Should I talk to him less, since it's the sound of his voice that seems to trigger the hunger? I've never really had this problem before.

It will still be a few months before he's actually living here and with me every day. Can I make it?
    Spammer Spanker

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Tough one, Giga. I am stumped.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

might as well face it giga, you're addicted to love.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ah, when you think you're down just look at other people who aren't as fortunate.

For a more comparable situation than one who doesn't have somebody at all...take me or Tiay, who do not get to see their SO's? so frequently. Hell, I still only talk with Ames once a week on the phone.

C'mon 12 days, and he has plans to move out to you?

You're a lucky girl.

giga;
    I get that feeling too. it comes and goes. There's really not much you can do. Maybe get both of you webcams? Hey, be glad you're feeling something, it'd be a bad sign if you didn't miss him. Double edged blade, I know.

How often do you see each other?

well actually I've never got pissed, certainly not 12 days before. still, I know what you mean. And yes, you can make it.
    You're the skinny girl complaining about loosing more weight in a room full of chubby people.
    a few months till he moves in? I've gone 12 months between visits. last time it was five. I wont finish college till '09. I'll be *lucky* if I get to see him at least twice a year for.. probably the next four years or more, depending on what he's doing by then. And I can't even mention either of the M words because he doesn't feel ready for them. Maybe I just don't need the same level of physical intimacy as you, but you'll be fine

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    tia's gonna get pregnant this weekend.
    ..... guess what?

It doesn't seem to matter that I was on the pill and we
    used (new) condoms, I still worried about it.. until I
    got my period today. did I have you worried too?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    ..... guess what?

It doesn't seem to matter that I was on the pill and we
    used (new) condoms, I still worried about it.. until I
    got my period today. did I have you worried too?
    See, as much as I'd like to poke my girlfriend, I'd much rather not worry over such things.

yeah. well, in theory if she's on the pill and you use rubbers, you really don't have reason to worry. Doesn't stop me, though my worry is unstoppable!

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I still wonder how people can manage to do a LDR. First of all, don't you miss the sex and companionsip? Sure the sex is probably fabulous when you both finally do meet up, but in the meantime it must get lonely! Sure there is phone, email, webcams etc. But its still not the same.

Also, aren't you afraid that maybe the guy is cheating? I know of a guy in an LDR, and he is quite the flirt. He even flirts with me sometimes. I almost feel like bringing up his gf to him to remind him. He even compares her to me sometimes or he will bring up stuff that him and I have in common. I dunno, maybe hes lonely for her or he has a thing for me. But, I would never pursue it due to the fact he is taken.

I just say whats the point you know? I declined a LDR last yr because I just couldn't deal with it. I basically keep in touch with him, but thats about it. I just felt it was only fair to have that freedom so that if someone else did come along, we both would be free to pursue it.

I must say though, I give you guys credit for trying to make it work.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Thanks Ellynn (: I don't know, I think it's just that people are different. I wonder if I would be having a harder time if he had been living here for the first year and then had to move.

I thought this might be an interesting stat: in total, visit-time has been about 40 days, of the 2 1/2 years we've been together. Give or take a few days for late/early flights and such. That's roughly 1 month plus a week out of 30 months.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellynn View Post
    I just say whats the point you know?
    As I've said before.

I don't see an LDR as being the end of a relationship.

For me, it's something I mean only to be temporary.

I will continue to see her as much as possible while I work on becoming more independent so that if things play out right, I could move near or in with her.

I would be more hesitant to consider such a move. However, I suspect most people involved in an LDR have never extensively lived with their partner. After 10 months of living in close, personal quarters with her, I can safely say it would be quite do-able. Only thing to be wary about is all the extra personal time we would have together that we didn't have before. It's a whole new dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Only thing to be wary about is all the extra personal time we would have together that we didn't have before. It's a whole new dynamic.
    Heh heh, and you'd have to confront that creature that lives in your pants, too. I think I know how you'd be spending most of that newfound time together.
    Spammer Spanker

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Heh heh, and you'd have to confront that creature that lives in your pants, too. I think I know how you'd be spending most of that newfound time together.
    I didn't go into all the details of my visit.

But truth be told.

He wasn't really much of a problem.

In fact, his activities became quite sporadic, where as before it would be rock hard for extended periods of time, he was usually only ever at half mast, and would only go to full attention once things got really hot.

Actually, the first night (and morning) my balls were killing me. It actually hurts not to relieve myself. I could barely walk without being hunched over. Fortunately, I already had the excuse that my feet were hurting me (remember that?).

After I jerked off in the shower the next morning, it got better.

But I know she knew it was there, and I wasn't subtle about it either, lying on top of her, I couldn't help but thrust here and there during our more heated make out sessions.

:: sigh ::

More than anything though, I wanted to go down on her.

I would occasionally make my way down to pajama pants, roll back the elastic band until I could see her panty line, where I'd trace it with kisses, tug them just a little bit further down where I'd leave a final lingering kiss, then come back up again. Might I just say I pleasantly discovered that she was trimmed, and her scent down there drove me wild.

This was only after we had our discussion about sex. So I think she was more trusting of my advances. I have a tendency to try to test my boundaries, but with this, I don't want to push them too much. I think it would be more appropriate to wait for some kind of greenlight from her.

I think I'm gonna go spank the monkey now.
    Last edited by Junket; 12-02-07 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    But I know she knew it was there, and I wasn't subtle about it either, lying on top of her, I couldn't help but thrust here and there during our more heated make out sessions.
    damn that's hot, I love when my bf does that.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast