+ Follow This Topic

Thread: May of met potential girlfriend but slight problem

May of met potential girlfriend but slight problem

So about a month ago I split up with my first girlfriend and over the last couple of weeks I have started talking to girls and just trying to find a nice girl and possible girlfriend. So I met this really nice girl through a dating site and she sounds amazing and exactly what I am looking for. We have talked non stop over the last couple of weeks and we seem to be hitting it off really well and she has said and is a lot of the things that I am looking for, things that I didn't get with my last relationship.

This may sound weird and possibly cruel but she isn't exactly a "hot" or really good looking girl but just your average down to earth girl and looks have never really mattered to me and the fact her personality is so beautiful it makes her attractive to me. I also know she is a real girl and fairly certain she is serious about me and not just playing with me like some people do on dating sites. (I watched a lot of Cat-Fish so I made sure haha)

She is such an amazing person and I love talking to her but the problem is she lives 350 miles away. We have discussed meeting up and briefly discussed a long distance relationship. I think we may be meeting half way between us in Newcastle and spending the day together and possibly the night (we have discussed cuddling and wishing we could kiss each other goodnight etc. and would be taking things slow so nothing sexual would happen).

Obviously the distance is going to be a big issue if we do decide to have a relationship. She has discussed moving up closer to me and going to a uni near me once she finishes school which is soon but that is a big step for someone to take for someone they haven't even met yet. It would be awesome for her to move up here closer to me so we could really get to know each other and have a proper relationship but I don't want to be the reason she has to move 350 miles away from home. And there is always that chance that things might not work out!

If anyone has been in a similar situation, has any tips for ldr or advice I would really appreciate it
    Last edited by Simpo; 10-07-13 at 08:28 PM.