+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Shes not allowed to date

Shes not allowed to date

This girl's parents are preventing her from dating me. There is no specific reason other than that they're trying to protect her. Trust me, hurting her, having sex, or anything risky of the sort, is the last thing I want to do to this girl. I just want to get to know her better. I THINK I'm in love with her, but I'm not totally sure. We have a lot of stuff in common, and we're literally best friends. I don't even think our same sex counterparts can compete with what we have.

My problem:

She cannot date... So.. I respect her parents decision and her ability to stay obediant to them. I recess back into a safe-zone state, where I talk casually, I'm still her best friend, but I don't get into deep loving conversations like last time. Now, the only problem with this is that she acts like she wants to be my girlfriend really badly. This is quite a mess, because I know I can't go out with her, but I can't just be her friend either.. If I'm just her friend, then she'll ask "hey, whats wrong? you seem a little different" . If I try and be more than her friend, she probably wont say anything, except that just makes it extremely difficult for me to get attracted to other possible girls. It makes it seem like I'm going out with her, except I'm really not. Kind of like, how if I went and looked at another girl, then she'd get really jealous, even though we're not even going out. I know she likes me, and we've established that directly to each other, except she said she cant go out with me. Shes also very very flinchy whenever I try and touch her. Its like she wants to be more than my friend, except when I respond with possitive feedback by trying to shoulder rub or be more intimate, she gets all insecure and reacts negativly whenever we touch. Shes in between a girlfriend and a friend. This puts me into a very trapped and clostophobic situation. I feel like I need to stay away from other relationships, but I know I can't get INTO a relationship with THIS girl.

Should I try and convince her to ignore her parents to let her date me? Or should I just recess back into my "we're just friends" state and disapoint her/make it look like I don't like her back. Any advice would be nice.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just be friends. I might add that if you *really* cared about her, you might be willing to wait until she is old enough to date
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

How old is she?

Keep your hands off of her. Not only does it make her uncomfortable, it's strictly against the rules.
    Spammer Spanker