+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Day Of Resistance Training! Omfg

First Day Of Resistance Training! Omfg

Ok how else can I explalin how my arms hurt right now?

****ing bad

Ok Iron has set me up on my trainging regiment here...(finally after 4 months) but anyway...I started this afternoon working my arms with 8 pound weights. Now mind you Squirrely is use to soup cans damnit!

So Im doing my first few sets-no problem-move on to the next couple and its burning like a mother ****er...BUT I KEEP GOING! Get to this thing called Bent Over Two Dumbell exercise...ok 3rd time up and I start laughin cause its hurting but feels so good uh owie for me. But I managed to get through the set and in somewhat of "holy shit girl what were you thinking?" Ok now down to the last 2 excerises...YAHOO I DID IT!! I FREAKING DID IT!

Now that Im sitting here my arms are shaking and so are my hands. Damn-every other day of this-someone shoot me tomorrow cause I already feel this pain(pleasure pain you say? my arms better ****ing kick ass after a month of this stuff!)

ok so who else besides Iron puts themselves through this on a regular basis?

All is good Im NOT going to bitch cause its what I want to do~but I can whine a little-Im NOT use to this stuff...
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Let's all give Squirrley a hand for a job well done! She's off to a good start....and starting is the hardest step. Every journey begins with a first step....or something like that. The real motivation begins when you first start seeing the results of your hard work.

Stick with it baby!

Yes, this is what I call 'fun'. Masochistic? Perhaps. But I wouldn't have it any other way.
    Because a hard man is good to find.

Now I want to pull out my weight bench and start lifting soon. I have had this thing for years and never really got into it. I would lift a bit here and there... But never on a schedule. I need to start lifting 3-5 times a week. I am pretty damn sure I will biff up quicker than I am thinking. Idk.

And what is resistance ? Is that like that bowflex thing that has the cords that bend instead of weights ? Cause all I have is the steel weights.

What is the difference between the two, and which would you prefer to get the best outcome the quickest ?

Mind you, I can lift a hella lot. I can bench 175-200 pounds, I can also lift about 1200 pounds with my legs... But from looking at me you cant tell. Should I left like alot of weight (as in max out) ? Or should I lighten the load and do more reps ?

Resistance? This to me is picking up weights, working my muscles to the point of feeling a "burn", all the while resisting the urge to sit my butt down on the sofa and eat half a chocolate cake!
    WAY TO GO SQUIRT!!!!!!!!!!! It'll all be worth it in the end hun!
    I've been working with weights for a while, but off and on. I don't have NEAR the dedication that Iron does and I applaud him for that. How do you stay motivated?? I did my workout yesterday so my arms are sore today. But it's a good kind of sore. (I used to hate people that said that. lol Now I hate those skinny women who say dumb ass things like, "you know? Sometimes I just forget to eat." FORGET to eat? It takes a special kinda stupid to forget to eat.)

Breezy is right, resistance training is any apparatus that provides a resistance against a muscle flexion or extension. That could be weights, cables, bands, bodyweight, soup cans, whatever. It's still resistance training.

I couldn't tell you how I stay motivated. Seeing your body change consistently is usually enough. I make constant progress, which to me means seeing constant changes to my body, and consistently achieve whatever goals I set for myself. Frequently changing your workout routine, to prevent boredom, will help you stay motivated.

Eventually fitness, exercise, and even diet, becomes a lifestyle, and something you don't even think about. It becomes second nature, and something you just DO, and it becomes part of who you are.

Im using weights! And its been a few hours and I still feel fine-hell I even flexed and was impressed! How I wouldnt have minded to sit down on my ass and eat something sweet but hes not here.

So I WILL keep motivated~ Ive got 3 weeks to show my work and that I AM doing this! Hell if anything its ONLY for myself. And Im hell bent to make myself better...so I am thankful for Iron helping me! Thanks baby for your encouragement and your education!!! You know I respect you a great deal and trust you!

Heres to a new beginning for me!!

Errr...Squirrley, why of all body parts ARMS? Why not butt (I'm obsessed), boobs, or waist, or legs? Who cares about arms if the rest isn't toned?!

I work out every day, now that I'm out of school I have more time in hands so I work out for about an hour every day. I never lift weights, because I don't have enough muscle tissue yet, but I do all kinds of exercises like lifting up legs sideways while lying on the floor, you know all that stuff. Mostly I concentrate on my butt, though. The best exercise for a but is what ballerinas do: butt scooting on the floor. Sounds pretty funny, but it's not if you have to scoot your ass under a 45 degree angle about 250 times...and and all the while you have to keep your hands folded behind the head. Know what I mean, I hate doing this.

Next...I do a lot of exercises for stomach muscles (I don't have a six pack, but I'm getting there..hopefully). Lifting legs, scrunchies, belly dancing...in a word, you'll sweat like a pig.

BUT-

I've been working out like this for three weeks in Moscow and when I came back Mike went absolutely mad, and his friend asked me if I "had forgotten to eat". Feels great to be fit, we're taking off to LA tomorrow and I can't wait to strut my stuff!

Go girl, working out is great. Especially when you see the results
    I have it all. Including kino.

Well I had lost 50 pounds over the last year and Im just finishing up here. Im at my goal weight of 130 and my BMI is within normal limits Im actually almost below normal.

But I have Iron training me and I trust what he says...so I go with him. But I already do the leg thing and the crunches and walking-I got to a point of where I just couldnt see results anymore-so were working on other things in the meantime.

I see Irons body of muscles and I know HE KNOWS what or how to get where I want-I dont want a body of Ms. Olympian-but I do want Iron helps he is a Personal Trainer and he has me doing what I need to do to get to my goals!

Thats awesome youre home and on your way to LA! Have a great time and show off your shit in your short skirts girl!!! Gotta love them! Oh by the way I picked up the cutest pair of pink sunglasses this weekend!

Dang girl! Nice to have a personal trainer for a boyfriend, innit?

I have had bad experience with personal trainers though... now I only trust the ones with PhD's in medicine. It's not only about muscles. For example, I said that I want a rock firm ass and they made me lift weights attached to my feet. Guess what, bad call. I had spasmic knots in legs and ass didn't change. On top of all things it messed with blood circulation which causes the behated you-know-what-lets-not-tell-the-boys.

My legs got so bad I could barely walk so I found this lady, and she massaged me using Chinese techniques... worked miraculously. Point is, I'm sure IronLiftr knows what he's saying but gotta keep in mind that we're all different. Happy work out sesh!

PS - I got the cutest pink shoes (they shimmer too) with kitten heels. Cant wear them now it's too hot, they're kinda like those ballerina shoes, know what I mean? AND I got a matching shimmery LV purse (pssst...it's fake, but damn it looks hot!).

Well Iron certainly doesnt cut me any slack, hell he wants me to start logging everything I eat? WAIT? Uh where do I squeeze in the bic macs? JUST KIDDING IRON!
    Hes been doing this a VERY long time...and although I look at him like hes nuts theres NO way Im doing that~I think to myself "girl if you want that shit gone...do it!"

Hes starting me off in the right direction which is good, all about nutrition first thats what took so long-I didnt and sometimes still ask questions about carbs and all that stuff...so much to know! Overwhelming at times. I have so many links now its awesome. And Im sure hes got to be frustrated with me at times asking the same thing again and again, but hey I do want to learn.

Anyway-I agree that you should know the person youre training with, Im soo sorry you had such a hard time with your personal trainer, gawd I cant imagine the pain you went through...sounds bad girl! OUCH!

Next in the pink wardrobe is pants! Gotta find those perfect pink pants!!! (girl give me the link where you got those shoes! Im about shoes!!! hook me up!)

Weights attatched to your feet?? That's a new one. Doing what kind of exercise?? I can't imagine what he had you doing that would work your glutes.

THE best glute exercises...deep, ass to the grass, squats (see previous post!!) and walking DUMBELL LUNGES. If you can sit for two days after doing walking dumbell lunges, you didn't do them right.

Well I JUST got back from my walk and within A minute I felt my muscles above the knees(didnt realize there was muscle THERE)j/k. EVERY STEP I could feel the soarness in those muscles from doing lunges yesterday with the weights. Im SO EXCITED that must mean "I" did something right yesterday uh Iron?!! WAHOO!!!

Working out?? *cringes* I don't think thats in my vocabulary...

I deffinitly don't need to lose weight, and I eat healthy 3/4 of the time (need a snack in there every once and a while). I would like to gain muscle, but currently I'm a few pounds under-weight for my height, so I don't want to start some type of plan that might end up losing more, when all I want would be muscle gain. I'm confused by that whole concept on what exercises are best for muscles.

Time is what I need, I don't have time for any exercise any more. I need something quick and relatively easy to do. I'm at school all day, so I'm usually wiped by the time I get home!

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

I only have time when I'm at home. Like now. LoL. I go swimmin' and do about 20 laps then do about 50 minutes of Cardio Workout. That's about it. And.. I eat.. Weirdly.

Skye, that's a lot of working out. DANG girl. And you say you're fat? Hmm... ever since I came back from Moscow all glowing and with a lean, toned body (damn I don't even have that cute little tummy guys used to love!)(it'll be back too soon, I speculate), I feel GREAT!!! I wear my skimpiest clothes and prance around the house strutting my stuff in manner of an attention whore. BUT - even though Mike's like "whoa", everyone else is like "are you anorexic?". Problem is, as soon as you see the results you SO wanna keep them, you start working out even more and cut down on eating completely. (Tomorrow's the day, tomorrow's the day. I'm going to LA!) Really, it's like I'm not even hungry at all. Maybe I'll have a peach and some cottage cheese. Okay, talk about dysfunctional.

Squirrley, I did those squats too, you do start feeling your muscles and they hurt, but then when you wear a short skirt and heels they don't jiggle (even if there's no fat)! It's amazing.

Iron, I beg to differ on that one! - THE BEST (ULTIMATELY!) exercise for a firm butt is butt-scooting!

PS - about that unfortunate exercise: you lie down flat on the floor on your stomach and they attach weights to your feet and then you lift one leg at a time (straight). I'd say its more pressure on calf muscles, though. ****ing retards.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast