+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how should I handle this?

how should I handle this?

There is a really cute girl that works at the help desk in the computer lab at my school. I am in there allot working on papers. Today when i was walking towards a computer she looked up at me and smiled but i am an idiot and have the scared look away reflex every time a girl does that to me..... anywho

I need to ask this girl out. I have noticed the time that she gets off work so i was thinking about sitting and reading near the exit of the library where she would be sure to pass and then try to get eye contact as she walks by and see if she gives me a smile again. if she does I would introduce myself and ask her if she would like to get coffee sometime. How does that sound? would it be creepy if it looked like i was waiting for her?

here is how i see things going in my head.... *she approaches* *i look up from my book, look her in the eyes and smile* *she smiles back* then I jump in with "hi, my name is ______, would you like to get a cup of coffee with me sometime?"

I would like to walk right up to her and ask, but i dont want to put her or myself on the spot in front of her all male co-workers. if it were girls she was with i think i would just approach her.

anyway, what do you ladies think of my plan? is there anything you would do different. please give me some suggestions and encouragement.

thanks

no thats really not a good idea. you need to be less to the point and more casual, next time you see her ask her a generic computer help desk question and say something like heh i bet you get this all the time....she'll answer and ask somethin like....it must be fun working here coz you can relax and meet people bla bla bla until you have a laugh and ask her for coffee, its so much nicer to be approached more subtly, good luck
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Subtle games. Everyone knows they are serious, but yet everyone acts like nothing is going on.
    Don't expect anything.

5 STARS *****

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    Subtle games. Everyone knows they are serious, but yet everyone acts like nothing is going on.

If you want to be a stand-up guy just go to her instead of waiting for her. Go up to her desk and say, could I buy you a coffee some time. Say it confidently. SHe would say yes.

Quote Originally Posted by lost1976 View Post
    If you want to be a stand-up guy just go to her instead of waiting for her. Go up to her desk and say, could I buy you a coffee some time. Say it confidently. SHe would say yes.

not me, i would ignore that, i don't like being straight up put on the spot, i always refuse. end of. there is no chance after that. subtle is better
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

A little chat would be nice. Then you should say, "How about going for coffee with me today after you get off work?" Because then it would be more specific. Just saying "Going for coffee sometime" is too non-specific and open-ended.
    Good Luck! Go for it!