+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help ASAP - must decide between 2 guys!

Help ASAP - must decide between 2 guys!

Hi!
    I am completely torn between two men, and need advice asap, as the situation is becoming rather tricky & intense.
    first, I would like to say that I am bi-lingual and speak both french and english, and it is important for me for a boyfriend to appreciate my french culture & background. I'm still not sure to what extent I expect them to speak, or try to learn the French language, but it is something i feel very emotional about.
    Man A - is Mauritian. He speaks both French and English, and hence i feel a connection because he understands bi-culturalism. He is older than me, and divorced. I am 23 years old, he is 38 years old, but I feel as though he is the same age. He is a little immature, and together we have fun. He makes me laugh, and he is a very genuine, warm, and sincere person. The problem is, my parents met him & think that he is too old for me, and that one day when I am in my 40s and he is in his 60sI will get bored of him. He is cute, and I feel very natural around him. I trust him, and I know that he wants the best for me. The age does not matter at all to me, but it does for my parents, and my friends are less likely to get along with him.

Man B - is younger, 28 years old. However, B does not speak french. Although this is not a huge problem, I have dated Australian guys in the past that do not speak french. He still takes an interest in my past, in French cuisine, in french culture...etc... but it still saddens me that i am not able to speak french with him like i can with A. Man B is a very high achiever, he looks perfect on a CV. My parents have met him and approve of him. I feel more serious around him, I have spend less time with him than A, but I think that I feel comfortable around him. I think he has a lot of potential, is very keen on me, and I can see a future with him. The only problem is, something keeps holding me back from being with him.... i DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS!

A is more flirtatious, and lighthearted. I feel at ease around him, and I feel like he can read my emotions well. I have already told A that I have feelings for him, and he was really receptive. We have kissed already.. but then B has since started actively pursuing me, and now I am starting to change my mind. I find that B is intriguing me more. I am still undecided, and don't want to rush into anything with B. I also don't want to hurt A's feelings, and I don't want to give up on A and then regret it.
    B is more engaging, and we talk for longer on the phone. He is more intellectual and I really appreciate this. I have been thinking that perhaps B makes better arguments, and expresses himself better than A. However, if I date B, I will miss the fun I have with A, and the special french connection.

To summarise: I think that A makes me laugh more, however I find B's arguments more interesting.

Do you love, or at least have feelings for any of them..?
    I know you said that you told person A that you have feelings for him, but how can you have feelings for both A and B. I can see that you don't :/ (or I'm wrong?).

Just let your heart choose, in love it doesn't matter does he speaks French or not. (or anything other like that).

hmmm...

thanks wonderman! that is a very valid point you make... "in love it doesn't matter about language". i never thought of it that way, but its true. i guess in the end, feelings are more important than language requirements.

i guess i am attracted to them both, for different reasons.
    in the beginning i thought i liked A more, and by telling him i had feelings for him, i intended for him to know that i enjoy his company, and that i find him attractive... but i suppose that is not enough for a relationship, huh?
    i am beginning to realise that perhaps i don't like A enough.
    i think i might put a stop to what is happening with A.

and with B.. i think i need more time to come to a definite conclusion about how/what i feel around him.

my plan for now is to forget A, and spend bit more time with B.

Well good luck