+ Follow This Topic

Thread: New here, hoping for some advice - gf kissed ex

New here, hoping for some advice - gf kissed ex

Hi all,

So my situation is nothing new, but I'm really bothered and unsure of what to do. My girlfriend and I have been together for 3 months, and she admitted today that she and her ex met up last week. She says they kissed, but did not have sex. She and I have known each other for almost five years, and over this length of time we've become very close. There have been periods when we came close to dating but never made anything official, and throughout that time she was off and on with this other guy. Thing is, we have always seemed to find our way back to each other, and the attraction is undeniable. For me, it goes beyond physical; I can honestly say this is a girl I've grown to love, and though neither of us have ever said this to one another, I truly do - in spite of today - think she may feel the same way. Since we've been "official" things have been wonderful, but then I got the bad news today and have struggled to find an answer since. She told me that they only kissed, and that she isn't going to have any further contact with him. She says she truly does want to be with me and seemed genuinely upset at the prospect of losing me. The last thing I want is to break up with her; I really feel like we could have something real. Now, though, I'm confused. I don't know if it's possible that the feelings she claims to have for me are sincere if she's able to see and kiss her ex, or if it's really nothing big, and she does mean what she says. A large part of me feels like a chump with no self-respect for not breaking up with her immediately, but again, I really have strong feelings for her and do not want to end things. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

You might love her, but she doesn't love you.

Shes in a yo yo relationship with this other guy. Seems to me she cannot let this guy go. If you stay with her, its very likely she may cheat on you again with this same man. Leave her. She needs to get over this ex first and they need to sort out their issues. She is never going to be happy will she lets him go.

What I'm thinking is this. When she was involved with the other guy, you still sniffed around her, got close to her and close to dating her and despite your knowing that she was involved with this other guy. The other guy didn't put you off nor deter you, from going for what you wanted, which was her, his gf. You cared nothing for her exes feelings....so why would he care for yours? Also, if she would mess around on him and get close to another guy, (which was you)....why do you trust that she wouldn't do the same to you eventually?

Sorry but what comes around, usually goes around. You had no qualms in trying to come between them, now it's happening to you.....not nice is it?