+ Follow This Topic

Thread: bad move, second impression

anachronistic Guest

bad move, second impression

Yes, bad move indeed. There is a girl in one of my classes. I am attracted to her because she is very creative and different. I didn't even realize it at first. It was only a week ago when I couldn't sleep, that I realized I liked her. I started having obsessed thoughts about her and asking her out.

I added her on a social network instead of talking to her, because I am very shy. We messaged back and forth for a while, I asked her if she wanted to instant message instead, and she said no because she doesn't like AIM that much. I sent her another message, trying to continue the 'conversation', but she hasn't responded for a week. I think she is ignoring me because she has been on once or twice since then.

In the class she looks at me sometimes. I think that if she was ignoring me, she wouldn't even look at me. Infact that's why I felt like I had a chance in the first place; because she looked at me quite often. So anyway, I had the opportunity to say hi a few times, but I didn't.

I'm going to say hi if I get another chance though. I've been considering sending her one more message admitting that I'm shy towards people I don't know very well and that it was a bit weird what I did, saying that I hope that there is a chance for friendship despite. But I don't want to sound like I've gone off the deep end, or like I am a stalker. I need some opinions before I do anything.

OK, don't panic.
    It doesn't seem to me like you've done anything wrong. She might actually just not like AIM, and be "getting around to" replying to your message. No sin on your part (or hers).
    If you play this off like you haven't done anything wrong (IE: don't apologize or act afraid), you'll actually be safer. It makes you appear more confident, and confidence is attractive.

My take on this is you should approach her one day face-to-face, just say hey, and be calm (do your breathing). Once you strike up a conversation, ask her about herself and really listen to what she is telling you. That'll put you 10 up on most people, as it's completely addictive to be listened to.
    Best of luck and keep us posted!

Don't send her a message saying your shy. Be confident in yourself and just go talk to her. She's just another human being afterall. Man up!

anachronistic Guest
    Bah, she's not going to respond. I felt it in my bones at first, but now it's evident.

Next semester is going to be different. I can feel it.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    Bah, she's not going to respond. I felt it in my bones at first, but now it's evident.

Next semester is going to be different. I can feel it.
    Then forget about her. But please, talk to her face to face next time.

I need to promote an inter-LF confidence workshop. It's going to be legendary.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't point out the obvious (your being shy). It will make you look like a wanker who is making excuses for not acting like a confident male.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Yeah, confidence is a huge part in the equation, but like you say, if you're not "feeling it", do your part so you never regret the "what if I woulda", but don't get your hopes up. Just say "next".

Plus, you probably already have a sketchy reputation because you dated that whore first semester, so be understanding if people see you as damaged goods.

It's going to take a while to mend the damage done by her.
    Spammer Spanker