+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Frances

Hurricane Frances

so im here in florida and once again there is a huge chance that we will be hit for the second time this year! That sux. Im a little scared of this one ok alot scared. Masssive destruction is never a pretty picture. I know that a few in here are from florida so i wanted to let you all know that my prayers are with you not just for florida but for the east coast also! i guess we wait. expect the worst and hope for the best. Good luck to all and if it comes hold on because its huge and powerful. everyone please take care and prepare. love blue

Hurricanes are ****ing awsome ! We get hit by hurricanes here in Houston, just not as often as you Floridans do. God I wish we did. Everytime a Hurricane comes thru here I am out playing in it. I remember the last one that came thru I was in Downtown working when it hit. The buildings were sweying in the wind. I had to get out of the building, and go drive in it. Oh man it was awsome - all the highways were being shutdown just as I entered them.. And when I got home (which I barely did because of flooding) I grabbed Robin by the hand and drug her outside and we played in the rain for about 15 minutes and then made love in the street that was being flooded waist deep.

Oh man, good times.. good times, indeed.

well i went thru andrew and it was not pretty!!!!! if anyone was standing outside during andrew they were probrably seriously hurt even people who were inside were in serious danger. the small hurruicanes are a little fun but not ones like these. it is never fun when it claims lives.

Please be safe and get the hell out of the way of this one!

Take Care

thanks web! im kinda scared !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blue
    thanks web! im kinda scared !!!!

I bet you are! Sorry!~

Aren't you leaving the area?

A nice quote for you

~"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."~
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune -

Hey Blue...Im freakn terrified too! Iron is always telln me I worry too much. Well hell being a homeowner and thought of losing the only thing you have, give me that much.
    Im on the gulf coast in central FL. So im kinda in the middle of this if it takes the route in farther south, it will come up through here. OH HOLY SHIT even at a 2, my house could suffer immensly. My prayers are with everyone as well.

Im suppose to be heading to GA tomorrow to see Iron. Im keeping my fingers crossed cause Im SUPPOSE to come home Mon. Oh crap.

Alrighty my prayers are with you on the East Coast!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Hurricane Andrew went right thru Florida and then came here. We got hit by it too. And you think ya'll got it bad ?! the damn thing strengthened WAY more over the gulf right before it hit us. I was in the 3rd grade when that one hit and I remember it like it happened yesterday. One of the best storms I've ever been in. YES. I was outside playing in it. I didn't get hurt. I watched trees get uprooted and fly away. I watched cars flip over and slide down the streets and parking lots. I watched the pool water get sucked right out of our pool and then fill back up again.. I flew into a bush about 20 feet from where I was standing.. Ok.. that one hurt because I was hit by a flying 3 wheeler toy bike thingie... All kinds of cool shit happened that night.

Scientists say that we are due for a cat5 Huricane within the next 5 years. Well, they said that like 2 years ago - so we got 3 years left. I can't wait for that day to come. Last time we had a cat5 was back in 1900 or 1901. The thing wiped out EVERYTHING for 30 miles inland with high waters. (Houston is about 58 miles inland, for those of you that dont know) I dont remember the name of that storm, but I read that storm is the reason Galveston has a Seawall now. It helps stop MOST of the high waters. I think more logically, and it seems the high waters will still come, but they act as an underwater dune and helps break the huge waves if the water level would ever get that high. That way the waves wont go so far inland and there would be less damage.

But anyways. Hurricanes ROCK ! And so do electrical storms - we have some bad ass electrical storms where it is constant lightning flowing thru the sky. Kinda like you would see in a movie. hehehe

I'm a big storm chaser type of guy... The weather and atmosphere facinates me.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrley
    Hey Blue...Im freakn terrified too! Iron is always telln me I worry too much. Well hell being a homeowner and thought of losing the only thing you have, give me that much.
    Im on the gulf coast in central FL. So im kinda in the middle of this if it takes the route in farther south, it will come up through here. OH HOLY SHIT even at a 2, my house could suffer immensly. My prayers are with everyone as well.

Im suppose to be heading to GA tomorrow to see Iron. Im keeping my fingers crossed cause Im SUPPOSE to come home Mon. Oh crap.

Alrighty my prayers are with you on the East Coast!

Please be safe and good luck Squirrely

My prayers are with all of you in the line of this monster storm

Thanks webfish! Its Thurs am, been up since 4am, trying to see where the hell this thing is going to go...EVERY channel has said theyre models are going nuts...unknown path. Im suppose to leave today to go Atlanta to see Iron, and if this thing takes the predicted path my ass isnt going nowhere.

Not like our state hasnt had enough crap but apparently this has NEVER happened, us having back to back cat 4 hittn the state.

God be with everyone in its path...

I have attached some maps of this hurricane that clearly shows where its power lies.

In one of them I have marked where I am and where Squirrley is. If you look closesly - most (75%) of her hurricane is purple. Well, guess what - I am in purple also at this very moment - and there is no hurricane near me. Oh, and the funny thing about this map is I have a hurricane to my east - and a Typhoon to my west

I'll let you all look at these maps now:
    Attached Images Attached Images

I just want to despell a few rumors before they fester into facts - -

Once a hurricane makes landfall the strength DECREASES, so Billy when you get hurricanes they are little more than raging thunderstorms - you could get hit by an "organized sotrm" but you don't have to contend with storm surge, and the major damage that we have here in Florida.

I moved to Pensacola the year we got hit by two storms within two months - I saw people lose EVERYTHING, so while I am sure you are excited at the prospect of a good lightning show please don't trivialize the seriousness of what Florida residents are going through.

My prayers are with you Blue and Squirt - in the panhandle we expect rain and we expect that people fleeing the storm will fill up our area, but even though we are in the path of the storm we aren't expecting anything like what you are facing my friends - again my prayers are with you.

Jules

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by jslaughter
    I just want to despell a few rumors before they fester into facts - -

Once a hurricane makes landfall the strength DECREASES, so Billy when you get hurricanes they are little more than raging thunderstorms - you could get hit by an "organized sotrm" but you don't have to contend with storm surge, and the major damage that we have here in Florida....
    Understood - I know how serious it is - and I realize people WILL die. Its nature. Strong, Powerful, and it doesnt show Mercy for anyone. But come on - if your gonna die, why be scared ? Ride it out. Have the time of your life - and if you make it out alive - then you will have wonderful memories and things to laugh about when its over. Think positive. Never bow down. Never fear.

Billy? Why is that you have to make this about you? This hurricane is effecting almost the entire state of FL. Do you know how many people died from Charley?

27 people DIED in that 3 weeks ago. Im sorry, but you cant tell me or anyone else that just because 75% of it is nothing doesnt mean that it wont have an impact. YOU ARE NOT A METEROLIGIST or GOD, no one knows the outcome of it. You can post all the pics you want, I posted the one to show people the reality of its size relative to out state, nothing else. Not to prove any point, but to show people that mother nature is fierce as hell.

It is scary to think and to possibly know you may NOT have a home after its done causing its hell. I USE to think it would be cool to have a Cat 1 come through here, to at least experience it, NOT anymore. Only an absalute idiot who doesnt KNOW the truth or the devastation it can bring would want it. I WAS an idiot til 3 weeks ago. The devastation from Charley puts me in reality and makes me sick and sad to see these people with NOTHING. I will NEVER in my entire life EVER again think such moronic thoughts.

We're expected to get tropical winds and MORE rain than you think, the State of FL is ALREADY saturated with rain, we have had flood watches for the last 3 months, the amount of rainfall expected is WAY more than you know or realize. It will take this hurricane 24 hours to cross this state which is how many miles wide? Hell a lot smaller than the width of it. People here are now fully AWARE and got the hell out.

This so called storm you called small, lets see what kind of damage this will have in the aftermath. I only pray this time there will be no deaths.

oh and I am only 50 miles inland - the middle of florida is farther inland than I am from my coast. I am at relatively same level above the sea as florida - I am 8 feet above sea level. 8 feet.. a normal ceiling is a good 10 feet from the floor in a home or office building. So the hurricane will decrease in strength, yes. But by much - no. After the coast gets hit here - I am hit within 5 minutes. I am not far from the beach as you may be thinking - I can drive there in 15 minutes. So don't think I get an "organized storm" because in fact we get 100+ mph winds and the high waters just like you do and just like our beaches do...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast