+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What to talk about during date?

What to talk about during date? PLEASE HELP!

I've got two questions for you:

What are some good things to talk about during a date?
    What questions should I ask to get to know her better?

I'm going to ask this girl out and she will probably say yes.
    But what can we talk about? I really don't know her all that well, but I like her a lot.
    Anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Joe_Watson; 02-01-05 at 07:39 AM.

just keep asking her questions about anything, what movies she likes, her favorite food, her family, etc.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Thanks for the reply, but it seems like a conversation should be more than just asking questions and getting answers. That sounds a lot like a job interview. If I do that, the conversation will seem forced because the questions will appear rehearsed to her. I want it to be more natural and casual than that. So what are some generally good subjects to talk about to get a conversation started? Thanks for your time.

King Zarathu Guest
    Hey! You seem to have learned from me joe.. heh heh.

If it was up to me, don't have a ****in SCRIPT on what you're gonna say about that shit dude. just ****in' make her laugh, and tell her about that one time you mooned your teachers.

i hope you understand that is meant to make her laugh even more.

Hey, the average Joe!....
    Well Joe, when you go on dates, what is that you are shooting for? Ask yourself that. What do you want to know about her?
    Here are some things I talk about on dates;
    What school they went too.
    Who was their first date.
    What she likes, what she don't like.
    How many brothers and sisters she has.
    Is she the oldest or youngest.
    (if she is still going to school) what is she studying for. and why.
    What kind of music she likes.
    Does she like to sleep alot.
    And she is gonna have to ask you the same questions also and that is where you unleash your humor by replying back in a hilarious manner.
    For example; if she ask you about sleeping, you could say, "Yeh, I love to sleep, the rooster quit on me for waking me up becuase I kept throwing my shoe at him everytime he would want to crow to wake me up".
    You know what I mean now? Hope this works for you. This is as casual as it can get. Ofcourse I use a different conversation when I want to take her to bed....
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

King Zarathu Guest
    Hahahahah! Umm... I can agree with Nice_Lover_Boy, only on the condition that it is NOT what the average guy would talk about. Be unique and unpredictable.

Also ask open ended questions (questions that require more of 'explanations' or 'stories' instead of 'yes/no' questions). And when you find something that she talks about really passionately, give your own view. And if your view on it is different than hers, that's even better. Cause that opens the floor to some debating!!!

King Zarathu Guest
    Debating, and if you do a good enough job, no more masturbating, she'll do it for you

Some good advice here, but I wanted to add one thing NEVER to talk about on a first date.... exes. Major deal-breaker.

Hum...eventhough some people don't agree with me, here is another thing NOT to do! Never, EVER!!!! talk about yourself. EVER!!!
    Don't talk about your greates achievements and crap like that. Women want attention, so give it to them.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

on my first date with my boyf we talked about hobbies and intrests first. make talk innocent but intresting, talk about past bfs and gfs, but not in detail. just so you find out basics.
    then by second date u talk about memories and more favoutes/likes dislikes. third date is more personal about friends and family., just go with the flow

Tell her about some funny things that have happened to you, and ask her if funny things have happened to her. Funny stories etc.

I know on my first dates being able to laugh eases the tension.